What is ACCUPLACER?
The ACCUPLACER Placement is an untimed, computerized assessment that has three multiple choice sections (writing, reading, and math). Students cannot pass or fail ACCUPLACER, the results are used to evaluate your skills and place you into appropriate courses given your current skill level. Scratch paper and pencils are provided. No dictionaries or personal calculators are allowed, but calculators are available on the computers. Results are printed immediately following the completion of Accuplacer.
- Valid Photo ID is required
- Fee is $17 (non-refundable)
NOTE: While there is no specific time limit, we ask that students give themselves enough time, approximately 2 hours to finish. ACCUPLACER Placement must be completed in the same day started. Please allow ample time to complete all three sections before the office closes. Students may take the assessment once every 14 days (was previously 30 days).
Where to Take the ACCUPLACER
- ACCUPLACER is offered at Kodiak Corner in building CC1. No appointment necessary; first-come, first-serve basis.
- ACCUPLACER Hours
- ACCUPLACER Placement Summer Hours: Monday through Thursday 9AM-3PM and closed on Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
- Note: The end times listed above are last seating times for the day. Students who start ACCUPLACER placement at or before those times will have time to complete it before the Kodiak Corner closes for the day.
- Please refrain from wearing cologne, perfumes, or scents in the testing room.
- What is ACCUPLACER?
- Sample Questions
- Web-Based Study App (Access hundreds of questions to familiarize yourself with ACCUPLACER content and experience. Be sure to select "Classic Practice Tests.")
Students with Disabilities
Students with a documented disability can set up a time with the Disability Support Services Office to take the Accuplacer Placement in a private room or to set up accommodations for a reader and/or scribe.
Please call 48 hours in advance to schedule an appointment at 425.352.8128.
English as a Second Language Students
Placement for English as a Second Language (ESL) is used to determine the placement level of non-English speakers. Contact the ESL office at 425.352.8158 for ESL placement.