Weclome to the ARC!
ARC Building Information
The Activities & Recreation Center began in 2008 with student leaders from Cascadia College and UW Bothell coming together to discuss what new campus amenities would be needed to continue to build a vibrant campus community.
In 2010, the Associated Students of the University of Washington Bothell (ASUWB) and Cascadia Student Government (CSG) approved funding for the programming and pre-design of a student activities center building. On July 11, 2013, the UW Board of Regents approved the new $19.7-million 36,000 square foot student-funded building to be positioned next to the North Creek Events Center. LMN Architecture was hired to design the student activities center.
In September 2014, ASUWB and CSG asked for student feedback regarding the naming of the new building and, based on student response, the building was named the Activities & Recreation Center (ARC).
Construction began in Spring 2014 and was completed in Fall 2015.
The Student Facilities Advisory Group (comprised of student leaders and administration from Cascadia College and UW Bothell), in conjunction with the Director of the Activities & Recreation Center, developed Policies and Procedures for the ARC. Questions regarding the ARC's policies can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A printable version of the ARC Policies & Procedures is available online and at the first floor information desk.
In order to effectively serve our campus, the ARC has combined the posting policies for Cascadia College and UW Bothell, so that marketing created for other spaces on campus may be posted in the ARC. Questions regarding posting policies may be directed to email@example.com or to the First Floor Information Desk.
The ARC welcomes campus-affiliated marketing, with the following considerations:
- The poster identifies the event sponsor and lists contact information.
- The poster contains institutional non-discrimination/equal opportunity statement and event accommodation request information.
- Event sponsor shall monitor and remove outdated materials.
- Posters shall be affixed to tackable surfaces using pushpins, provided at the first floor information desk.
- Number of posters for the building currently limited to 4 total for the ARC; max size of 11x17” posters. Requests to post additional or larger posters should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Materials shall comply with institutional code of conduct.
- Posting is prohibited on doors and trim, elevators, windows, building signage or maps, building exteriors, vending machines, emergency devices, or painted surfaces.
- Posting is prohibited that promotes services and products that are not officially affiliated with or sponsored by Cascadia College or the University of Washington Bothell