Public Records Request
In 1972, Washington enacted the Public Records Act (RCW 42.56) to assure citizens of the state transparency and access to government. As a state agency, Cascadia College is subject to the provisions of Washington state laws governing access to public records and will respond accordingly. The full public records policy of the college is established in 132Z-276 WAC.
Cascadia College makes every effort to respond to public records requests in a timely manner. Written requests are preferred. Please submit you request via email, mail, or fax.
|Public Records Officer|
|Street Address: 18345 Campus Way NE, Bothell, WA 98011|
|Email Address: email@example.com|
Requests may also be submitted in person at the Human Resources Office (CC2-280) during normal business hours.
There is no charge to inspect records in person, however, in accordance with RCW 42.56.120, the college may charge a fee for providing printed or digital copies of records. The fee schedule is as follows:
- Fifteen cents per page for photocopies of public records, printed copies of electronic public records when requested by the person requesting records, or for the use of agency equipment to photocopy public records
- Ten cents per page for public records scanned into an electronic format or for the use of agency equipment to scan the records
- Five cents per each four electronic files or attachment uploaded to email, cloud-based data storage service, or other means of electronic delivery; and
- Ten cents per gigabyte for the transmission of public records in an electronic format or for the use of agency equipment to send the records electronically. The agency shall take reasonable steps to provide the records in the most efficient manner available to the agency in its normal operations; and
- The actual cost of any digital storage media or device provided by the agency, the actual cost of any container or envelope used to mail the copies to the requestor, and the actual postage or delivery charge.
More than one type of charge may apply to copies produced in response to a single request.
For more information, please contact the Public Records Officer at the email address above.