SBCTC Press Release: Board to vote on 2-year college system's 2018 legislative agenda, applied bachelor's degrees
State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
1300 Quince Street | P.O. Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — Oct. 24, 2017
Contact: Laura McDowell, 360-704-4310, firstname.lastname@example.org
Board to vote on 2-year college system's 2018 legislative agenda, applied bachelor's degrees
OLYMPIA, Wash. — The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges will hold its regular business meeting on Thursday, Oct. 26. The board is slated to vote on the 2-year college system's 2018 legislative agenda, including support for the system's capital budget request and supplemental operating budget request.
Also on the agenda is possible approval of four applied bachelor's degrees:
- Applied management at Green River College
- Applied management at Skagit Valley College
- Applied management and entrepreneurship at Walla Walla Community College
- Sustainable agriculture systems at Walla Walla Community College
Prior to the business meeting, the State Board will hold a study session in which board members will hear a statement of need for an applied bachelor's degree in Human Services at Clark Collegeand an update from Seattle Central College on its capital development plan.
The study session business meeting will be held at Lake Washington Institute of Technology, 11605 132nd Ave NE in Kirkland. The meeting's agenda and background materials are posted at the State Board's website.
Links within this release
- State Board for Community and Technical Colleges: https://www.sbctc.edu
- Green River College: https://www.greenriver.edu
- Skagit Valley College: http://www.skagit.edu
- Walla Walla Community College: https://www.wwcc.edu
- Clark College: http://www.clark.edu
- Seattle Central College: http://seattlecentral.edu
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology: http://www.lwtech.edu
State Board meeting materials: https://www.sbctc.edu/about/board/meetings.aspx