Beardslee Construction Project begins tomorrow (6/12)
And towing begins Wednesday.
Hello Campus & Commuters On/Near Campus:
We met with city staff and the project contractor this morning and were informed that the Beardslee construction project will begin tomorrow Tuesday, June 12 with an anticipated completion date in mid-August. Beardslee Blvd westbound will be closed between NE 185th (past Husky Village) and 110th Ave NE (north entrance/exit of campus). Eastbound traffic along Beardslee will not be affected.
What does this mean to you?
- If you usually park on Beardslee Blvd: No parking signs were posted all along Beardslee this morning. Please spread the word that the city will tow any vehicles parked along Beardslee beginning at 8:00 am on Wednesday.
- If you drive to campus: You will be able to access campus as usual from Beardslee, 405 and 522. You will not be able to turn left on Beardslee when leaving campus.
- If you bike or walk to campus: Those who walk, run or bike to campus along Beardslee and NE 185th are encouraged to use caution due to the construction project and increase traffic in the area. Pedestrian and ADA access will be maintained.
- If you bus to campus: The bus service will continue as usual on campus. However several routes that exit campus via NE 110th Ave and head west will instead exit the south access at SR-522. Please sign up to receive transit alerts for details about routes and dates:
- Services: The delivery of mail will continue to operate as usual. Accommodation will be made for the mail services vehicle to access Husky Hall and Husky Village via NE 185th and 110th Ave NE. The city does not expect interruption of water, sewer, power, or internet.
- Detours: The city is placing detour route signage in various locations including the intersection of 195th and I-405. Please see the map below or this PDF Map that illustrates a detour via I-405 and SR-522.
Cascadia will update our commuter services web page with new information as needed.