If you are a new student, you must attend a CORE (Cascadia Orientation and Registration Experience) session before the beginning of the quarter. Classes fill quickly so sign up for a CORE session as soon as possible.
Before attending CORE, you MUST have:
NOTE: If you are a new Running Start Student, please be sure to turn in your Running Start Contract and complete your online Running Start orientation prior to scheduling a CORE appointment. These steps are available online at Running Start: How to Apply.
At a CORE (Cascadia Orientation and Registration Experience) session, you will:
- Receive an introduction to Cascadia's programs, services, and degree options
- Get help from an academic advisor in interpreting your placement test scores and choosing courses that promote your academic success
- Learn how to search, register, add/drop, waitlist and select classes for the upcoming quarter
To attend a CORE session you do need to sign up ahead of time.
CORE dates for Spring Quarter Registration:
- Click on one of the dates below and complete the brief sign up process. You must sign up to attend CORE.
- Please note that CORE locations and times vary for on-campus and online sessions.
- If you are unable to attend any scheduled CORE sessions, please contact email@example.com to discuss some alternative options.
Dates for Fall 2015 (starting September 2015) Quarter will be released in April 2015.
*NOTE: Online CORE sessions will be held live and will begin at 1:00 pm. Participants will
view a live presentation and be able to interact with the presenter via chat. Following
the presentation, advisors will be available to assist with registration and class
selection via chat. Participants will receive the link to our online classroom and additional instructions
by email the day before or day of the session.
These sessions are designed for students who are comfortable working in an online environment, know what program they are going to study, and have a good idea about what classes they want to take. Students who may need a bit more information about their program of study or additional assistance with class selection are encouraged to attend one of the in-person CORE sessions.