Transcript Evaluation - Submitting Transcripts to Cascadia

To transfer credits from another college or university TO your degree or certificate at Cascadia, click below.


Ordering Your Official Transcript

To order your Official Transcript FROM Cascadia, click below.



Transcript Evaluation - Submitting Transcripts to Cascadia

Transfer Credits to your Degree or Certificate at Cascadia

Credits earned at colleges or universities that are recognized by a regional accreditation association or Ministry of Education are accepted for evaluation. No more than 5 credits of "D" level work will be accepted. Official transcripts are reviewed and credits transferred after you have registered for classes for your first quarter. Evaluations are completed in the order in which official transcripts and the Evaluation Request form are received.


The Transcript Evaluation Request Form must be turned in to the front counter in Kodiak Corner along with previous college and university official transcripts. Official transcripts can be submitted electronically directly from your previous institution or mailed to:


Cascadia College

Enrollment Services

18345 Campus Way NE

Bothell, WA 98011


If you have earned a four-year degree, you are not required to submit official transcripts unless credits will be used towards a degree or certificate at Cascadia. Unofficial transcripts may be required to provide evidence of placement level before registering for English or math courses or for courses with a prerequisite of English or math.

Reciprocity Agreement

Washington community and technical colleges (CTC) offer a reciprocity agreement to students transferring within the CTC system who are pursuing one of the Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) degrees. Individual courses that met distribution requirements or fulfilled entire areas of degree requirements at one college will be considered to have met those same requirements if you plan to complete the same degree after transferring to another community or technical college in Washington. You must initiate the review process and be prepared to provide necessary documentation. For complete information and forms, please contact the Assistant Director for Enrollment Services at (425) 352-8125.

High School Transcripts

You are encouraged to submit high school transcripts if you have attended high school within 5 years of the date you will start classes at Cascadia. These are used for educational planning purposes only and generally do not substitute for placement assessment. (Students from the Northshore School District who plan to take math at Cascadia within 2 years of high school graduation may be able use their high school math for math placement purposes – see an Academic Advisor for more information.)

Transcripts for Veterans

All students receiving educational benefits from the Department of Veteran Affairs are required to submit official transcripts. This includes transcripts from prior colleges and military training including those before, during, and active duty.


Cascadia will award academic and vocational credit for transcripted military training. Credit will be awarded from a student's Joint Services Transcript (JST) based on recommendations from the American Council on Education. As a regionally accredited college, courses from the Community College of the Air Force will be accepted in transfer with the same consideration as courses from any other regionally accredited institution of higher education. Other training or experiences for which a student would like to receive credit for will be assessed through the college's Prior Learning Assessment process.


Transcripts should be submitted prior to the end of the veteran's first quarter of attendance to continue to remain eligible to use VA benefits at Cascadia. Cascadia reserves the right to request official transcripts be submitted sooner than the first quarter, if deemed necessary, based on the veteran's educational history.

Advanced Placement (AP) Credit

When registering for AP tests, request that the College Board send official sealed AP test scores directly to Enrollment Services. You must also fill out a Transcript Evaluation Request Form and turn it in to the front counter in Kodiak Corner in order for the scores to be evaluated and credits transferred to Cascadia. See the Academic Policies for Credits and Placement.


A maximum of 45 alternative credits (AP and IB) may be used toward any degree.

International Baccalaureate (IB) Credit

You must submit your Official IB transcript to Enrollment Services to receive IB credit. Name Cascadia as a recipient when registering for IB exams or submit a transcript request to IB North America  You must also request official evaluation of your IB transcript by filling out a Transcript Evaluation Request Form and turning it in to the front counter in Kodiak Corner.


In most cases, 5 quarter credits (or more) are granted for Higher Level subjects in which a grade of 5 or higher is earned. No credit is awarded for Standard Level subjects.


A maximum of 45 alternative credits (AP and IB) may be used toward any degree.

Ordering Cascadia Transcripts

Official Transcripts

You must include an official Cascadia transcript in any application you submit to another college or to a university. An official transcript is imprinted with Cascadia's official seal, signed by the Registrar, and sealed in an envelope.


Official transcript orders may take up to 5 business days to process. There is a fee of $5.00 for each transcript you order plus an additional $2.25 processing fee per transcript for online orders. You must pay any outstanding parking fines, library fines, or other balances before we can release your transcript.


There are two ways to order:




Transcripts can be ordered via the Internet 24/7 through the National Student Clearinghouse. You can place as many orders as you like in one session using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed. There is a $2.25 processing fee for this service. Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also track your order online using your email address and order number.


Your signed consent may be required to fulfill your transcript order. For your convenience, a consent form will be generated for your order that you can sign electronically or return via fax, mail or as a scanned email attachment.


In Person


To complete the request form and pay the transcript fee, visit the Kodiak Corner / Student Services Center.


*Order tracking and emailed order updates are only available through the online ordering process.


Unofficial Transcripts (Look Up Your Grades)

You can look up your Cascadia grades online. You can use this "unofficial transcript" in educational planning with your advisor.