Admission to Cascadia College is easy. Applicants must be 16 years old by the start date of the program. Completion of the 9th grade is strongly recommended. Deadlines for each quarter can be found below.
Admission to the English Language Program (ELP):
No proof of English proficiency is required to study in English Language Program. After arriving at Cascadia, students will take an English language placement test and will be placed into an appropriate level in the English Language Program. Tuition for the intensive English Language Program is the same as for other academic courses.
Admission to the College Program (Associate Degree Program):
Students must meet minimum English placement scores to register for college level classes. Students must complete ELP Level 6 or obtain the following minimum English proficiency test scores:
- TOEFL (iBT): 70 (MyBest™ score is accepted)
- TOEFL (cBT): 195
- TOEFL (paper): 525
- IELTS: 6.0
- Pearson PTE 48
- iTEP 4.0
- STEP/Eiken Pre-1
- Duolingo 95
(Cascadia’s institutional code for sending TOEFL score is 8733.)
If you are an international student whose native language is English or you have completed a college-level writing course at another accredited college or university in the United States please contact International Programs Admissions to determine eligibility.
How to Apply in 3 Easy Steps
- Complete the international student application or apply online now.
- Submit with the application:
- A financial statement that is less than 3 months old showing a minimum amount of US $19,953 USD. (If you intend to bring your spouse or children as dependents under an F-2 visa, please add $5,000 USD per each dependent.)
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 USD. We accept credit-card, a check drawn from a U.S. bank, or cash.
- A passport copy.
- A high school or college transcript in English. An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
- If you are transferring from a U.S. educational institution, please also complete
a transfer verification form. If you are under 18 years old by the start date of the program, please also complete
|Quarter||** Overseas Deadline||** Transfer Deadline||Class Dates||Orientation Dates
(subject to change)
|Spring 2021||2/22||3/15||3/29 - 6/11||3/22 - 3/26|
|Summer 2021||6/4||6/29||7/6 - 8/26||6/28 - 7/1|
|Fall 2021||8/27||9/13||9/29 - 12/16||9/20 - 9/24|
|Winter 2022||11/26||12/24||1/3 - 3/18||12/27 - 12/30|
** We adhere to these deadlines, but late applicants will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Transferring from within the United States
If you are transferring to Cascadia from another college or university in the United States, simply apply for admission by following the above steps. Then:
- Ask your previous school to fill out the transfer verification form and submit it directly to Cascadia.
- After you have been accepted by Cascadia request that your previous school transfer your SEVIS immigration record to us. (Your previous school may require that you submit a transfer out form and a copy of Cascadia’s acceptance letter giving them permission to transfer your record to us.)
Once you have completed these steps and your previous school has transferred your immigration record to Cascadia, we will be able to issue a new I-20 for you.
If you have already been accepted to Cascadia College, but are unable to attend the quarter for which you’ve been accepted, we can defer your acceptance to start at a later date. Please contact us and refer to the Admitted Students page for more information.
Application form for mailing or fax:
International Programs Office
18345 Campus Way NE, Bothell, WA 98011, United States
Fax: +1 (425) 352-8304, Email: email@example.com