Academic Policies

Academic Policies 


Academic Holds

Academic holds are used to collect outstanding parking fines, library fines and obligations, or other financial debt to the college, Cascadia may:

  • Refuse to enroll, drop, or withdraw classes as the college deems necessary
  • All nonpayment holds will remain on student accounts until outstanding balance has been paid in full.
  • Students should contact for more information
Academic Honesty

Admission to Cascadia College carries with it the presumption that students will conduct themselves with high standards of academic honesty and integrity. Hallmarks of academic integrity include:

  • Submitting work that reflects original thoughts and ideas
  • Clearly citing other people’s work when using it to inform your own
  • Seeking permission to use other people’s creative work
  • Fully contributing to group work and projects
  • Students who choose not to uphold the hallmarks of integrity are considered to be engaging in academic dishonesty.

Academic Dishonesty

Academic dishonesty is defined as any act of course-related dishonesty, including but not limited to cheating, plagiarism and fabrication. Cheating includes any attempt to give or obtain unauthorized assistance relating to the completion of an academic assignment, including collaboration without authority.


Plagiarism includes taking and using as one’s own, without proper attribution, the ideas, writings, or work of another person in completing an academic assignment. Prohibited conduct may also include the unauthorized submission for credit of academic work that has been submitted for credit in another course.


Fabrication includes falsifying data, information, or citations in completing an academic assignment and also includes providing false or deceptive information to an instructor concerning the completion of an academic assignment.

Student Code of Conduct

Any act of cheating and/or plagiarism is strictly prohibited and will be subject to disciplinary action. Where suspected violations of the academic honesty policy occur, appropriate procedures are designed to protect the academic process and integrity while ensuring due process. Students are expected to adhere to guidelines on academic honesty as stated by individual instructors in their course syllabi, provided those guidelines do not contradict policies and procedures established in the Student Code of Conduct. All documented violations of the academic honesty policy will be reported to the Student Conduct Officer, who shall maintain a record of violations. Students who violate the academic honesty policy twice will be placed on Disciplinary Probation. Students who violate the academic honesty policy subsequently (a third time) will be placed on Disciplinary Suspension.

Academic Standards and Progress 

Cascadia College is committed to facilitating the academic success of students. The primary purpose of the Academic Standards and Progress Policy is to quickly identify and alert students with low academic achievement and provide those students with assistance to improve their academic performance.  Additionally, the policy is intended to ensure students are making progress toward their educational goals.


Level I - Academic Warning

Students carrying five or more credits will be placed on Academic Warning at the end of any quarter in which their quarterly GPA is below 2.0. Students who fail to make satisfactory progress over time will be placed
on the next level of academic intervention. There is no appeal process to this level of intervention.


Level II - Academic Probation

Students carrying five or more credits will be placed on Academic Probation at the end of any quarter in which their quarterly GPA is below 2.0 for a second consecutive quarter. Students placed on Academic Warning or Academic Probation will be sent a letter that offers effective study tips and strongly encourages students to take advantage of college support resources for education planning. Students on Academic Probation are required to complete an Academic Probation Contract that outlines steps for improving the student's academic performance. A student on Academic Probation will be required to meet with an advisor to review the plan prior to registration. Online registration will be blocked while the student remains on Academic Probation. There is not appeal process to this level of intervention.


Level III - Academic Suspension

Students carrying five or more credits will be placed on Academic Suspension at the end of any quarter in which their quarterly GPA is below 2.0 for a third consecutive quarter. Students placed on Academic Suspension will not be permitted to register for any courses for credit the subsequent quarter. Suspended students will be blocked from registering. Students who enrolled for classes prior to suspension status will be administratively withdrawn, and tuition paid will be refunded. While suspended, students may not participate in events or activities reserved for students.

Students placed on Academic Suspension will be sent a letter that outlines the appeal process for reinstatement. To be considered for reinstatement, students must show proof of circumstances over which they did not have control and/or proof of making measurable and substantial progress towards improving their grade point average. Students must contact an academic advisor to initiate this process. All appeals are reviewed by the Director of Student Advising and Support Services.


Reinstatement After Suspension

A suspended student may petition for reinstatement to the College after a waiting period of at least one quarter (not counting summer quarter). The student must arrange for an appointment with an advisor at least four (4) weeks prior to the beginning of the quarter that the student wants to attend. Prior to the advising appointment, the student must present a written plan that includes:

  • The student's short-term educational goals
  • Specific plans to overcome barriers and improve the student's academic progress
  • Proposed course schedule

The advisor will adjust the plan with the student and outline specific conditions that the student must meet for reinstatement. These specific conditions, a proposed schedule, and the student's academic plan will be forwarded to the Director for Student Advising and Support Services for review. If approved, the student will continue on probationary status Level III until satisfactory academic progress has been met for two quarters or longer. Notification will be sent to the student outlining conditions of reinstatement.

Academic Standards for Financial Aid (Satisfactory Academic Progress) 

Your financial aid package may be impacted if you drop classes or earn no credit in a class. Federal and state financial aid regulations require colleges to set minimum standards for satisfactory academic progress and to hold students accountable for meeting those standards.


Cascadia checks your academic progress before awarding aid, even if you did not receive financial aid in past quarters. We also check your progress at the end of every quarter that you receive aid.


 Satisfactory Academic Policy (SAP)

Attendance and Participation

Attendance and participation requirements for each course are specified in the course syllabus. These are an important part of student learning and student success. If you feel you cannot meet the attendance or participation requirements for a class, please contact your advisor to determine if you should switch classes or drop the course.

Credits and Placement 

You can earn credits from previous course work, standardized tests, examinations, and documented prior experience.

Earning Credits

Cascadia’s academic year is divided into fall, winter, and spring quarters of approximately 11 weeks each, plus optional summer sessions. Credits may be earned from class lectures, lab sessions, independent study, practicums, and eLearning, including hybrid and online courses. In general, one credit is earned for each lecture period or 2 to 3 hours of laboratory per week.

Approval for Credit Loads

If you enroll in more than 24 academic course credits during your first quarter, you will need pre-approval from your advisor. After your first quarter, if you meet prerequisites and are in good academic standing, you will not need pre-approval to enroll in up to 24 credits. If you wish to enroll in more than 24 credits per quarter, you must get approval from your advisor.

Transfer Credits

Course work from regionally accredited institutions will be evaluated upon request. A maximum of 65 credits may be accepted. See Submitting Transcripts to Cascadia for more details.

Testing Credits

A maximum of 15 credits from the methods listed below may be applied to degree or certificate requirements. These credits will not be included as part of the 25-credit residence requirement that you must earn at Cascadia in order to graduate. Please contact an advisor if you need further clarification.


National Standardized Tests

Cascadia accepts the results of some national standardized tests for placement or credit, such as specific exams among those offered by Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB)


Documented Experience

Documented prior experience that demonstrates college-level learning equivalent to coursework at Cascadia may earn academic credits or advanced placement in professional/technical programs. This credit may be requested for one course or multiple courses. Please see an academic advisor for more information.


Courses completed at non-accredited institutions

In some cases, credit may be granted for courses which are comparable in nature, content, academic quality, and level to classes offered at Cascadia, even if offered by institutions or organizations that are not regionally accredited. Please see an academic advisor for more information.


Course Challenge

A course challenge is the process used when there is a specific Cascadia course for which the student believes they have met the learning outcomes, there is no specific examination for the course, and the course has been designated as one that is challengeable (not all courses may be challenged). A course challenge requires the development of a product or performance that demonstrates the learning outcomes of the course. Please see an academic advisor for more information.



You will be required to take regularly scheduled examinations as outlined in each course syllabus. Final examinations are held at the end of each quarter and are scheduled by the instructor of the course. You must contact the instructor if you miss an exam and they will decide if you will be allowed to take a makeup exam.

Fresh Start 

If you have not been in attendance at Cascadia or any other institution of higher learning for a period of 18 months, you may request the elimination of your previous credits and grade point average (GPA) under certain circumstances. Your academic record and transcript will continue to show the previous courses taken and grades received, but these grades will not be included in GPA calculations. These previous credits will also not satisfy any graduation requirements.


If you transfer to another college or university, the receiving institution may accept credits and recalculate the GPA according to its own policies. You may request a Fresh Start only once by contacting the Director for Enrollment Services in Kodiak Corner.

Grading System 

Decimal and Letter Grade Equivalencies

Instructors may report grades from 4.0 to 1.0 in 0.1 increments, and the grade of 0.0. Grades in the range of 0.9 to 0.1 are not assigned. Decimal grades are equivalent to letter grades as follows:

Decimal Grade

Letter Grade

4.0 – 3.9


3.8 – 3.5


3.4 – 3.2


3.1 – 2.9


2.8 – 2.5


2.4 – 2.2


2.1 – 1.9


1.8 – 1.5


1.4 – 1.2


1.1 – 1.0




Non-Decimal Grades

The following non-decimal grades, which are not calculated in your GPA, may be awarded in special cases. 

H - Course in Progress

This grade is assigned when instructors teach courses that extend beyond the end of the current quarter.
When you complete the course, the instructor will award your final grade, which will replace the H grade
in your transcript.

I - Incomplete

This grade may be given at your request with the instructor’s approval. A grade of I may be appropriate when you have already completed a majority of work for the course, have passing grades, are unable to finish the remaining coursework by the end of the quarter, but will be able to complete the coursework with no additional instruction.

To receive an Incomplete, you need to make a written request to the instructor for the course. You and your instructor will draft and sign an Incomplete Contract which outlines the work to be completed and indicates what grade will be given if you do not complete the work in the allotted time. This grade may adversely affect your ability to register in subsequent quarters. See Academic Standards and Progress for more information.

  • You must complete all coursework by the end of the next quarter (not including summer quarter).
    A one quarter extension may be granted in certain unusual circumstances at the instructor's discretion.
  • If you have extenuating circumstances that change the contract deadline, you will be required to sign a revised Incomplete Contract.
  • If you complete your coursework within the timeframe of the contract, the instructor will submit a grade change form after contracted work is graded. Your grade will be based on previously completed coursework and the contracted work.

N - Audit

If you choose audit status for a course, it means that you participate in coursework, but no credit is earned for the course and a grade is not given. You may initiate a change to or from audit status without instructor's permission up to the end of the second week of the quarter. Instructor’s permission is required to change status from the third through the sixth weeks of the quarter. After the sixth week, no change in status may be made.

The timeline for changing status is adjusted for summer quarter. Please see the Summer Quarterly Registration and General Information document for dates.

P/NP - Non-Graded

Non-graded classes use a P grade to designate a grade of 2.0 or higher or for level completion. This grade is assigned when you complete the course and meet the learning outcomes for the class. If you do not pass with a grade of 2.0 or higher or do not meet the learning outcomes for the class, you will receive a final grade of NP.

  • You are strongly encouraged to meet with an advisor before enrolling in a P/NP course.
  • Only designated courses are graded using a P or NP, and once the grade of P or NP has been awarded,
    it cannot be changed to a numeric grade. A grade of P or NP is not calculated in your GPA.
  • You may initiate a change to or from P/NP status without instructor's permission up to the end of the second week of the quarter. Instructor’s permission is required to change status from the third through the sixth weeks of the quarter. After the sixth week, no change in status may be made.

Note: The timeline for changing status is adjusted for summer quarter. Please see the Summer Quarterly Registration and General Information document for dates.


W - Official Withdrawal

This grade is assigned if you withdraw from a class in weeks three through six of the quarter. You may not withdraw from a class after the sixth week or to avoid a penalty for violation of academic honesty. To withdraw from a course, withdraw online or email The W grade is not calculated in your GPA and no credit is awarded for the course. This grade may adversely affect your ability to register in subsequent quarters. See Academic Standards and Progress for more information.

The timeline for withdrawing is adjusted for summer quarter. Please see the Summer Quarterly Registration and General Information document for dates

Hardship Withdrawal

Students are allowed to withdraw from classes until the end of the 6th week of the quarter. The Hardship Withdrawal is a request for an exception to this deadline for cases where an extreme or unusual circumstance 1) prevented a student from withdrawing prior to the deadline or 2) occurs after the deadline and prevent the student from continuing to attend class. This process is not meant as a way for students (regardless of hardship) who attend for most of the quarter to avoid earning an unsatisfactory grade (as defined by the student.) It is rare for a hardship withdrawal to be approved for one but not all classes. Course performance and final grade/expected grades are not taken into consideration when making a determination. To be eligible, the student has to be able to document a hardship that keeps them from being able to attend. 

Prior to requesting a Hardship Withdrawal, it is recommended that students:

  • Discuss concerns with instructors
  • Officially Withdraw by the last date to withdraw in the quarter.
  • Request an Incomplete grade, if a significant portion of the course requirements have been completed and the student is able to complete the remainder of the coursework without instructor or class support.

Students inquiring about a Hardship Withdrawal should be referred to the Kodiak Corner or can email to  receive a copy of the request form. Requests for a Hardship Withdrawal must be received prior to the end of the quarter in question.

Administrative Drop

If you do not attend class during the first two days of the quarter and do not contact the instructor about your absence, you may be dropped from the class roster at the instructor's discretion. The instructor will assess class attendance the first two days of the quarter and then may drop students from the class using the Group Drop Form.

This drop is not automatic and you should not rely on the instructor to notice your absence when filing the Group Drop Form. You should officially drop classes that you do not plan to attend in order to avoid receiving a 0.0 for the course, a grade which would negatively impact your GPA for the quarter. The administrative drop procedure may also be used if the instructor discovers that you have not met a prerequisite for the course.

Repeating a Course

You may repeat any course a maximum of two times. You may enroll in a class up to three times. You must inform the Kodiak Corner Student Services Center at the time of registration that you are repeating the course. Your most recent grade will be used to compute your GPA and your transcript will show that the course has been repeated. There are a few courses where you may, by re-registering, obtain additional credits and grade points. Check with your advisor to see which courses may offer this option. Please be aware that other schools and universities may treat repeated courses differently.

Grade Point Average (GPA)

Your quarterly GPA is calculated as follows:

  1. Multiply the number of credits for a course by the numerical grade awarded to obtain the grade points
    for that course
  2. Add the grade points for all courses you took in the quarter
  3. Divide the sum of the grade points earned by the total number of credits earned in courses awarding numerical grades. The result is your GPA for that particular quarter.
  4. I, N, P/NP, and W grades are not used in computing GPA

Grade Changes

Grade changes will not be allowed beyond one quarter after the course was completed, not including summer quarter. However, grade changes can be made at any time if there is an administrative error in grade reporting. You should contact your instructor immediately if a grade has been recorded incorrectly. Errors and omissions will be corrected as soon as identified without cost to you. Your instructor should submit a grade change form to the Kodiak Corner Student Services Center.

Grade Appeals Process

Course Grade Appeals

Cascadia College believes in the right of all students to receive a fair and equitable review process when a grade complaint arises. The Chief Academic Officer will establish procedures to govern all grade review requests. These procedures will ensure that the grade awarded was not an arbitrary or capricious evaluation of the student's fulfillment of the course requirements as described in the course syllabus. 

Administrative Procedures

Students who believe they received an improper final grade shall have until a week prior to the end of the subsequent quarter to appeal. For example, if the final grade was given in fall quarter, it must be appealed no later than a week prior to the end of winter quarter. However, if the grade was given in spring quarter the complaint may be appealed through a week prior to the last day of the next fall quarter. Students are responsible for retaining all papers, tests, and projects from the class in question. W  Withdrawal, or V  Vanished are not appealable.

Please note:
  The Appeal Process is not available to a student in a case where the grade has been given as a result of disciplinary action, such as cheating or plagiarism

Informal Process - Resolution Between Student and Faculty

The student initiates the grade appeal process by speaking to the course instructor. This process should facilitate good faith efforts on the part of both the student and faculty member (see following note) to resolve the matter.

Please note
 In the event that the instructor is no longer employed by the college, or is away from the campus for an extended period of time, the Dean for Student Learning will appoint two faculty members to review the student's work and the grade which is under appeal.  The grade can only be changed upon the recommendation of both faculty members.  If there is no agreement, the grade shall remain as awarded.

Formal Process with the Dean For Student Learning

If the informal resolution with the instructor is not reached, the student can initiate a formal grade appeal process by submitting a completed grade appeal form to the Dean for Student Learning a week prior to the end of the quarter. Once the Dean for Student Learning has received the completed form, he/she has ten (10) business days during which classes are in session in which to discuss the situation with the instructor and the student. The student must make him or herself reasonably available to meet with the Dean for Student Learning. The Dean for Student Learning has another ten (10) business days following his/her discussion(s) with the instructor and student within which to make a written recommendation to the student which may include: 

  • To deny the request for a change of grade.
  • To move forward with grade appeal and convene the Hearing Committee.

If the Dean for Student Learning convenes the Hearing Committee, the decision of the Hearing Committee shall be final.

Appeal of the Dean for Student Learning's 

Decision to Deny the Grade Change

If the student wishes to appeal the Dean for Student Learning's decision to deny the grade change, it should be done within five (5) business days of receipt of the Dean for Student Learning's decision. The written appeal should be submitted to the Chief Academic Officer and should stipulate the reasons for the appeal. The Chief Academic Officer has ten (10) business days following his or her receipt of the appeal to review the documents and meet with the student. The Chief Academic Officer has another ten (10) business days following his or her meeting with the student to make a written recommendation to the student which may include:

  • To uphold the decision of the Dean for Student Learning and deny the request for a change of grade which will end the appeal process.
  • To move forward with grade appeal and request the Dean for Student Learning convene a Hearing Committee 

If the recommendation is to have a Grade Appeal Hearing Committee convene, the Chief Academic Officer
will review the procedures of the Hearing Committee with the student.

Composition of the Grade Appeal Hearing Committee

The Grade Appeal Hearing Committee will be drawn from a pool of twelve (12) volunteer faculty members (approved in advance, by the Chief Academic Officer) who serve on-call for a one year term. From the pool
of twelve (12) names, only six (6) will be chosen randomly by the Dean for Student Learning (with the student and the instructor of record present). The student will then remove two of the six (6) names. The remaining four (4) faculty members will make up the Hearing Committee. Chosen faculty may abstain from any Hearing Committee if they stipulate that serving poses a conflict of interest. In that case another member would
be selected randomly from the pool by the Chief Academic Officer.

The Dean for Student Learning or designee will serve as facilitator and an ex-officio member of the Grade Appeal Hearing Committee.

Grade Appeal Hearing Committee Process

The Dean for Student Learning will contact the Grade Appeal Hearing Committee within ten (10) days of the request by the Chief Academic Officer.

  • The Hearing Committee will set a date for the hearing, review all documentation, and may interview all parties, including other students who may serve as student and/or faculty advocates.
  • The instructor and student will have a maximum of 30 minutes each in which to present their case.
    The Hearing Committee may vote to extend the 30 minute limit to an additional amount of time and provide the same number of minutes to both the student and instructor.
  • The Hearing Committee will render their decision within ten (10) business days of the hearing.
    The decision of the Committee is final and the appeals process ends.
  • If there is a tie vote by the Hearing Committee, the Chief Academic Officer shall review the record of the hearing committee and render a decision. The decision of the Chief Academic Officer shall be final.
  • Copies of the decision will go to the Chief Academic Officer, the student, and the instructor. A copy also will be placed in the student's file.
Graduation Requirements 

To Receive a Degree or Certificate

Satisfy all specific program requirements as stated in the catalog of the academic year that you began classes.

  • Achieve a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) for courses taken at Cascadia.  A 2.0 cumulative GPA is required for transfer courses used to satisfy degree requirements. Transfer courses are not averaged with Cascadia's GPA. At least 25 credits must be taken at Cascadia that apply to the degree or certificate.
  • Earn at least 60 degree credits with decimal grades.
  • Fulfill all financial obligations to the college.
  • Meet with an academic advisor during Virtual Assistance service hours to complete the Graduation Application and ensure all requirements will have been met after the applicant's final quarter.

In order to help ensure you are ready to graduate on time, we ask that you meet with an Academic Advisor to review your Graduation Application the quarter before you plan to graduate. If you graduate in the spring quarter, meet with the advisor in the winter quarter or earlier. 

Graduation Application Deadlines

  • Fall quarter completion: third week of summer quarter
  • Winter quarter completion: third week of fall quarter
  • Spring quarter completion: third week of winter quarter
  • Summer quarter completion: third week of spring quarter


Commencement Ceremony

Students who have completed their degrees or certificates during the previous fall and winter quarters and those anticipating completion during spring and summer quarters are invited to participate in the annual commencement ceremony held in June following the last day of spring quarter. Information about the commencement ceremony will be available in spring quarter.


Quarterly Honors

Cascadia places a high value on scholarship and rewards high academic achievement to students who distinguish themselves in the classroom each quarter. Students will receive an emailed electronic recognition for their quarterly academic honors achievement. To help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus and keep you and our community healthy, the annual Honors Reception will not be held until further notice.

President’s List
Students who have earned a college level GPA of 3.9 or higher will be awarded President's Honors.

Faculty Honors List
Students who have earned a college level GPA between 3.6 and 3.89 will be awarded Faculty Honors.


Graduation Honors

Students are awarded graduation honors based on the criteria below and recognized in the commencement ceremony program. For spring and summer graduates, the honors listed in the program are based upon their cumulative GPA as of the end of winter quarter because spring and summer grades are not yet available when graduation honors are determined. All students earning graduation honors will be given an honor cord to wear in the ceremony. Honors are posted on students’ transcripts at the same time their degrees or certificates are awarded and posted. Only Cascadia credits are used to calculate cumulative GPA for awarding graduation honors.

President's Honors
Graduating students who have earned a cumulative college level grade point average of 3.9 or higher will be awarded President's Honors.

Faculty Honors
Graduating students who have earned a cumulative college level grade point average between 3.6 and a 3.89 will be awarded Faculty Honors.


Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society

Students are eligible for the Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honor Society once they have completed 12 credits at Cascadia College (defined as courses numbered 100 level and above) and earn a 3.5 GPA or higher. The mission of PTK is to recognize academic achievement of college students and provide opportunities for them to grow as scholars and leaders. PTK membership is available to running start, career-tech, and international students. Invitations are sent quarterly to students from the Office of Student Life. Once a student joins PTK, they will receive a certificate, a PTK pin, and a membership card. Members are eligible to apply for different scholarships through the Phi Theta Kappa’s website and participate in activities organized by the PTK leadership team. Visit Cascadia’s PTK website for more information and how to get involved.

Prerequisite Courses 

You must meet all course prerequisites by completing prerequisites at Cascadia, providing unofficial transcripts or test scores, or placement by assessment. Math assessments must be within the last 24 months. If you do not meet course prerequisites, you risk being administratively withdrawn from your classes. Prerequisites are noted in the quarterly schedule of classes and in the catalog at the end of each course description.

If you are seeking a Degree or Certificate (matriculated): 

Once you have completed the admissions application, prerequisites may be satisfied sending official transcripts from all colleges previously attended, and complete a transcript evaluation request form available at the Kodiak Corner main counter or on the website. You may also be required to take Cascadia’s placement assessment to determine skill level in reading, writing, and mathematics. Students who have successfully completed college-level English are exempt from placement testing, as are students who have successfully completed college-level mathematics within the last 24 months. Transcripts documenting college-level English and/or mathematics are required for registration.

If you are interested in selected courses, but not a Degree or Certificate (non-matriculated): 

Students must demonstrate that they have met course prerequisites for any given course they wish to enroll in. Non-matriculated students can demonstrate that they have met the course prerequisites by providing college transcripts, or by having taken the placement test either at Cascadia or at another college within the past year. Non-matriculated students who can show that a prerequisite requirement was satisfied, must present the Prerequisite Petition form to the Dean for Student Learning. The Dean for Student Learning will process the form and render a decision. 

Registration Policy 

Registration Times and Open Registration

To manage the registration process smoothly and fairly, Cascadia assigns continuing and returning students a “registration time” before opening registration to all students.


You can register online at the ctcLink Portal or email at the registration time assigned to you or any time after, but not before.


Enrollment Calendar


Adding and Dropping Classes

Adding Classes

You can register online at the ctcLink Portal or email until the 2nd instructional day of the quarter. The Late Registration Period begins on the 3rd instructional day through the 10th day of the quarter (date adjusted for summer quarter) and instructor permission is required to add a class. During this Late Registration Period, you will need to email to add a class with instructor's permission. Registration for self-paced classes is open through the 40th calendar day of the quarter (date adjusted for summer quarter).


Dropping Classes

You can drop online at the ctcLink Portal or email through the 10th day of the quarter. Instructor's permission is not required to drop a class. You will not receive a grade on your transcript for courses dropped through the 10th day.

Withdrawing from Classes

Beginning on the 11th calendar day of the quarter through the 8th week, you can withdraw from classes online at the ctcLink Portal or email You will receive a "W" grade.

If you fail to follow the procedure for officially withdrawing, you will receive a grade in accordance with the instructor’s grading policy. 

Additionally, if you require an ES Petition or Hardship Withdrawal in regards to your current course schedule, please fill out the following MS Form, depending upon your situation. Please be advised that these forms are reserved for extreme conditions that are medical or military related.


Auditing Classes

If you audit a class, you participate in coursework at the instructor’s discretion, but you don’t earn any credit. The audit grade is not calculated in your GPA.

Up to the second week of the quarter, you may initiate a change to or from audit status without instructor permission. After the end of the second week of the quarter, instructor permission is required. After the 6th week, no change in status may be made.

Automated Waitlist

The waitlist is an option offered automatically during registration. Before registering and adding your name to the waitlist be sure to clear any holds on your student account, including parking fines, library dues, outstanding debts, or unpaid fees. Unresolved holds will result in being removed from the waitlist.


You must check online at the ctcLink Portal daily to find out if you have been automatically added into your class(es).

Tuition is due either by the tuition deadline or, if you have been waitlisted into a class after the deadline, tuition and fees are due within one business day. Non-payment may result in being dropped from your class(es).

Please be advised of the following factors relating to the waitlist with our new ctclink system:

  • Students are only able to be enrolled for a single section of a course. If a student is both enrolled in one section of a class and on the waitlist for a different section of the same class, their position on the waitlist will not change and they will never enroll in the course from the waitlist as long as they are enrolled/registered in another section.
  • If a student is enrolled in one section of a class and wants to be placed on the waitlist for another section, they will need to use the “Swap Class” feature in ctclink to be able to move from one section to the other.
  • Students can waitlist for multiple sections of the same class, with the following stipulations:
    1. Students cannot choose their preference for which section they will be auto-enrolled first. The waitlist process will enroll the student in the section that has the first available seat.
    2. Once enrolled in one of those class sections, students will be automatically dropped for the other waitlisted sections for that course.

For any questions, please contact our Enrollment Services at