Fall Information Sessions
Information sessions will be held online via Zoom. Registration is required.
Click on the date you wish to attend to register. We will email the Zoom link.
May 20, 2021 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
June 17, 2021 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Fall 2021Quarter Running Start Deadline
Email Running Start Contract and English 101 Placement
to the Running Start Office at email@example.com by 2pm on August 2, 2021.
IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING PLACEMENT
If you plan to take a math course, please visit the Math Placement vis HS Transcript webpage to determine whether you should submit your HS transcript or if you need to take the Accuplacer assessment.
English placement is determined by one of the following:
- 2nd semester (6/2021) Junior year English grade B or higher
- 10th grade Smarter Balanced Assessment
- SAT score of 480 on the ERW section
- ACT score of 19 (in both English and Reading)
The Running Start information session is available online.
Due to COVID-19, we are working remotely. Please allow extra time for processing paperwork.
If you have questions, please email the Running Start Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE: Please do not fax your forms to us. We are not on campus and working remotely. Please email your form to email@example.com.
Earn college credit from your high school classes
If you're an eligible high school junior or senior, apply for Cascadia's Running Start
Program to earn college credit tuition free while you fulfill Washington State high
school graduation requirements. Running Start lets you complete up to 2 years of college
while you're still in high school.
Save time and money
You can take up to 15 credits per quarter tuition free depending on your enrollment level at high school. You pay for books, supplies, transportation, mandatory college fees and tuition for below 100 level courses and Pre-Fall classes.
Prepare for the future
As a student at Cascadia, you'll experience college life firsthand and become better
prepared for the transition to a university.
Gain marketable skills
Through the Running Start Program at Cascadia, you can earn credits toward a wide
range of technical and associate degree programs that prepare you for the career of
Attend Cascadia College
Cascadia's classes average 24 to 33 students, allowing for plenty of interaction with professors and other students as you work in small groups on collaborative projects.
How to Apply
Optional: Attend a Running Start Information Session*
- The Information Session is now available online.
- All in-person Information Sessions are cancelled due to COVID-19.
*You do not need to attend a Running Start Information Session to apply to Running
Start. Please follow the steps below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
1. Apply for admission to Cascadia
- Apply online for general admissions OR in person at Kodiak Corner. When you apply, please give an email that you, the student, will regularly check. Most of our communication is through email. Be sure to check your spam/junk email folder.
- You must complete the application by the quarterly deadline (please see Step 3: Submit your Running Start Contract).
2. Place into college-level English (English 101)
You must place into English 101. You can qualify by taking the ACCUPLACER at Cascadia. To take the Accuplacer at Cascadia, visit the Accuplacer page for the current schedule.
- You must submit English placement by the quarterly deadline (please see Step 3: Submit your Running Start Contract).
- If you plan on taking a math course, please visit the Math Placement via HS Transcript webpage to determine whether you can use your HS Transcript for math placement or if you will need to do the Accuplacer assessment. Please note: Due to COVID-19, we are not accepting June 2020 high school transcripts for Math placement.
- Please submit test results as an email attachment (use the paperclip icon) and use
a descriptive filename with your name and ctcLink Student ID Number (e.g.: Wilson
Russell 960081111 test results.PDF).
3. Submit your Running Start Contract
All paperwork must be completed by the quarterly deadline to the Running Start Office.
The Fall 2021 Quarter deadline is by 2pm on August 2nd, 2021.
Click here to learn How to Complete a Fillable PDF.
The Running Start Contract is a fillable PDF. The RS Contract must be:
- Digitally signed by the student and a parent/guardian
- After filling it out, save it with a descriptive filename with your name and SID (e.g.: Wilson Russell 960081111 RS Contract.PDF)
- Submitted via an email attachment (use the paperclip icon) to email@example.com
The Running Start Enrollment Verification Form may also be submitted with the Contract (step 5).
4. Wait and check your email
Please check your spam and trash folders for missed emails. You will receive three
- The first email is automatically generated as soon as your general admissions application for Cascadia
- The second email is sent from Cascadia Admissions to all students who are under the age of 18. These
first two emails do not require any action.
- The third email will be from the Running Start Office, explaining the next steps including turning
in the Enrollment Verification Form, signing up for CORE, and registering for courses. This email will be sent once all application materials have been submitted and processed.
5. Running Start Enrollment Verification Form (RSEVF)
- The RSEVF is a fillable PDF and must be digitally signed by the student, the student’s parent/guardian, and the student’s high school counselor.
- The RSEVF must be submitted as an email attachment (use the paperclip icon) to firstname.lastname@example.org before you can register for courses every quarter.
- Use a descriptive filename with your name and SID (e.g.: Wilson Russell 960081111 EVF.PDF).
- Without the RSEVF, you cannot register for courses.
- Note: If you move to a new high school or your credit allotment changes, you will
need to submit a revised RSEVF.
- A fee waiver is available to students who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch at their sponsoring high school, students who have been in Foster Care, and/or students receiving assistance from select state and federal programs. The current Enrollment Verification Form now includes the eligibility section for free/reduced lunch students.
- The Release of Information Form is an optional form and is available online. Important Note: Due to COVID-19 and our remote work environment, this form must be submitted via email to email@example.com. Enrollment Services will schedule a Zoom meeting with the student for verification of identity and validation of the form. The student will need to appear on camera with a photo ID at the scheduled Zoom meeting.
- You must be a high school junior or senior.
- You must be enrolled in a public high school or with a public school district.
- You can participate in Running Start for up to 6 quarters from the fall of your junior
year to the spring of your senior year.
- If you do not participate in Running Start, you cannot "save up" quarters to use later;
after your senior year, you are no longer eligible.
As a college student, you are fully responsible for your education and academic success.
- You must place into college-level English (English 101) by taking either the Accuplacer or Smarter
- You must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or above. Running Start students are held accountable
to the same academic standards as other college students.
- Do your best: The grades you earn at Cascadia will go on both your high school and
- How is High School different from college? Prepare yourself by understanding the differences.
Check out the following resource from Auburn University, High School to College Comparison.
Running Start will pay for some or all of the tuition while attending Cascadia College. The amount of tuition covered by Running Start is directly relative to how many classes the student is enrolled in at high school or school district.
- All fees are subject to change.
- Please see the Running Start Program Tuition and Fees for more details.
- Students who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch at their sponsoring high school and/or students who have been in Foster Care, qualify for a Running Start Fee Waiver. The Enrollment Verification Form has information to apply for the fee waiver.
On Week 6 of the current quarter, see your High School Counselor for the Running Start Enrollment Verification Form (RSEVF)
- Find your Enrollment Date in your ctcLink account.
- Complete the Running Start Enrollment Verification Form - you will need your high school counselor's signature as well as your parent/guardian's
signature. Email the completed EVF as an attachment (use the paperclip icon) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Turn in the Completed Running Start Enrollment Verification Form to the Running Start
- EVERY QUARTER a completed and signed Running Start Enrollment Verification Form must be emailed as an attachment (use the paperclip icon) to email@example.com
- NOTE: You will not be able to register until you turn in the completed form.
- Due to COVID-19, please allow extra time for the Running Start Office to process your RSEVF.
Enroll in Classes
- Enroll in Classes on your Enrollment Date at your ctcLink account.
- Pay your student costs online at your ctcLink account.
- Purchase your parking permit online or bus pass.
- Purchase your textbooks online at the University Bookstore. Most instructors expect students to have textbooks in hand the first week of classes. Check for course textbooks with the University Bookstore when you register so that you can choose the exact text required (check its ISBN) and order your textbooks or digital rental in time.
- The Running Start Office is located in Kodiak Corner, CC1 First Floor. Our business hours follow Kodiak Corner hours.
- Due to COVID-19 please allow extra time for us to process your paperwork.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide your Cascadia ctcLink Student ID Number (SID) if applicable. Please note that multiple emails will not yield a faster response.
Call us: 425.352.8146
Due to COVID-19 we are working remotely and cannot return voicemail messages. Please email us at email@example.com instead.