The goal of placement is to ensure that you start in college English and Math courses that match your skills, needs, and goals. It’s important to start the first phase of your college pathway with classes that contribute to your degree or certificate program and are the best next step based on your current English and math skills. There are several ways you can demonstrate your skills and get your English and Math placement. See the table below for more information. 

Need help with the placement process? 

Once you have completed English and Math placement, an advisor will help you plan your classes. (New college students will work with an advisor in CORE. Students transferring to Cascadia from another college should schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.) 



Your individual situation determines which option is best for you. Choose the description that best applies to you from the table below. (You may use different options for your English and Math placements.) 


I Am Applying for Running Start

I Attended High School more than 2  years ago

ACCUPLACER Placement (recommended only if the above methods do not apply)

I Received Placement from Another WA  Community or Technical College within the last 2 years

Placement Reciprocity

ACCUPLACER Placement (recommended only if the above methods do not apply)

I Completed Courses at another College

College Transcripts

ACCUPLACER Placement (recommended only if the above methods do not apply



I Completed the SAT or ACT

Additional options for English placement include:

  • SAT score of 480 on the ERW section
  • ACT score of 19 (in both English and Reading)



Bridge to College Info

Bridge to College Placement Agreement Updates March 2021

Bridge to College Q&A March 2021

Bridge to College Districts 2020-2021

College Transcripts

Transfer students can meet course prerequisites by:

  • Schedule your advising appointment from the Academic Advising webpage.
  • For your advising appointment, email unofficial transcripts for evaluation of transferable credits and to satisfy English and Math prerequisites 48 hours prior to your appointment. Unofficial transcripts can be emailed to or submitted to the Kodiak Corner. (You may need to take the Accuplacer Placement if your math coursework is over 24 months old and/or your coursework does not satisfy the English prerequisites.)
Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB)

Information about placement and receiving credit for AP or IB exam scores is available on the Transcripts website page under the Transcript Evaluation section of the page. 




Cascadia offers an untimed, computerized assessment that has three multiple choice sections (writing, reading, and math) called ACCUPLACER Placement.