The project will build a new STEM academic facility consisting of classrooms, class
labs, collaborative faculty offices and student collaboration space that provides
a learning environment that inspires students and supports faculty collaboration between
Cascadia College (CC) and the University of Washington Bothell (UWB). The project
will provide the opportunity to create seamless academic pathways, research opportunities,
and project learning experiences for students and as a combined facility, holds the additional
objectives of developing and managing the facility in an integrated, fluid and sustainable
manner that serves as a local and national model.
- Four-story building
- 775,000 gross square feet
- $79.6 m budget
- Cascadia will have BIT network and computer science labs, an interdisciplinary lab,
an engineering lab, chem labs, prep rooms, general classrooms, and faculty office
suites located in the building. There will also be public gathering and study spaces
for all students on campus.
- Architect: Mithun
- Contractor: Lease Crutcher Lewis
- Maximize space for instruction and research in a manner consistent with program goals
and institutional standards and values.
- Create learning environments that support collaboration, active learning, and faculty
innovation while building community across students and faculty.
- Design a physical environment that promotes interactions between UWB and CC faculty,
staff, and students.
- Display the campus' commitment to environmental and economic sustainability, including
by seeking to minimize building lifecycle cost and carbon footprint.
- Redistribute STEM facilities across the campus as appropriate to improve operational
efficacy, student access and relationships.
STEM 4 Gallery
STEM Building Groundbreaking - Emcee Angela Tang, Cascadia College Alumni
STEM Building Groundbreaking - Cascadia College E-Team Members
STEM Building Groundbreaking - UW Bothell Employees and Mithun Architects
STEM Building Groundbreaking - Participants listening to event speakers
STEM Building Groundbreaking - Former Washington State District Representative -Guy
Palumbo, Outgoing UW Bothell Chancellor - Bjong Wolf Yeigh, Cascadia College President
- Dr. Eric Murray
STEM Building Groundbreaking - Key stakeholders and leadership breaking ground on
September 2020 - Complete Project Definition
July 2021 - Complete Project Design Phase
July 29, 2021 - Groundbreaking Ceremony
August 2021-June 2023 - Construction
June 2023 - Substantial Project Completion
August 2023 - Final Project Completion & Delivery
Please contact Kim Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org