The Diversity and Equity Center
The Diversity and Equity Center is a welcoming, equitable, and inclusive environment that promotes strong social connections and encourages students to be social change agents. We strive to serve students of color, immigrants/refugees, undocumented, underrepresented, and LGBTQI+QTPOC, and help them towards success at Cascadia College.
Cascadia is committed to creating a supportive environment for a diverse student, faculty, and staff population. Individual differences are celebrated in a pluralistic community of learners. We offer a variety of services including:
- Referral resources on and off campus
- Small discussions hosted by faculty and campus departments
- Space for student clubs to host meetings and small events
- Coordination of Cascadia's participation in the Washington State Student of Color Conference
- Coordination of Cascadia's participation in the Washington Q-Topia Conference
LGBTQ College Resources
Attending college can be difficult, but lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning students may have an even harder time than others. The following guide was created to help LGBTQ students understand how many campuses are helping to make the college experience more welcoming and supportive. Use this guide for various on-campus and online resources.
- The HaWRC website provides resources for food access, budgeting tools, and resources for first time renters, as well as information on understanding the racial wealth gap, the history behind it and how it impacts housing today.
- HaWRC: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap
- External Resources and Links
- Racial Microaggressions in Everyday Life
- Undocumented/DACA Resources