Jobs at Cascadia
We are seeking highly motivated individuals who are interested in being part of a small yet dynamic community, with a faculty and staff that are dedicated to meeting the needs of our intersectional, diverse students. Cascadia College is committed to creating and supporting an equitable and inclusive faculty, staff, and student population centered on dismantling systemic oppression and historic marginalization. Individual differences are celebrated in a community of learners focused on social justice, diversity, equity and inclusion.
We are the newest college in Washington state's community and technical college system, and take great pride in our learning environment, as well as our focus on environmental stewardship and global awareness.
Cascadia College has earned a national reputation for excellence, with an integrated learning model and more than 70% of its students moving on to four-year programs. Our co-location with the University of Washington Bothell gives us access to the best community college library in the state.
Cascadia offers a variety of employment opportunities with comprehensive benefits packages, including tuition waivers and professional development. Thank you for your interest in Cascadia!
Job Openings: Full-Time Faculty & Non-Academic Positions
How to Apply
If you would like to see our current job openings, please select Employment at Cascadia College.
If you have not heard back from us within 30 days after the close date, we encourage you to visit our website for more employment opportunities.
Job Openings: Associate/Part-Time Faculty
Cascadia is accepting applications for Associate Faculty positions in the disciplines listed below. We are seeking applicants with expertise and/or interest in a learning outcomes-based interdisciplinary curriculum, alternative pedagogies, learning technologies, and collaborative work.
- Fall 2023 – Business Law, in-person/evenings, main campus
- Fall 2023 – Calculus I, in-person/afternoons, Redmond
For consideration in future quarters, application materials should be submitted as soon as possible. We only accept complete application packets online and will keep them in our Recruitment Pool for a year. Application materials become the property of Cascadia College.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for a quarterly Associate Faculty position, please click Employment at Cascadia College.
Employment at Cascadia
For information about curriculum, responsibilities, important attributes, compensation and workload, conditions of employment, and union representations see About Associate Faculty.
To learn more about the qualifications for teaching the disciplines we offer, see Associate Faculty Discipline Listings. Typically a Master's in the discipline is a minimum requirement. Please check the Associate Faculty Discipline Listings above for more information.
Administrative Exempt, Classified, and Full-time Faculty Positions
Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional Flexible Medical Spending Account (FSA)
- Optional Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP)
- Optional SRA Tax Annuities
- Optional Deferred Compensation Plan
- Optional Home/Auto Insurance with Liberty Mutual
- Optional Credit Union participation
- Optional GET (Guaranteed Education Tuition) Program
- Tuition Waiver
- Various Professional Development & Wellness Programs
- Two options for standard managed-care plans
- One value managed-care plan
- Two preferred provider options
Employees have three dental plans to choose from.
- Two managed-care dental plan
- One preferred provider dental plan
Life Insurance overview:
- $35,000 basic coverage and $5,000 accidental death and dismemberment coverage at no cost to the employee
- Optional coverage for spouse, children, supplemental, optional, and additional accidental death and dismemberment coverage - all at additional cost to the employee
Long-term Disability Insurance
Long-term Disability Insurance overview:
- Basic Coverage: 90 day waiting period, $240 per month maximum
- Optional Coverage: 90+ day waiting period, 60% of gross pay - tax free (retirement plan still continues)
- Public Employees Retirement System Plan 2 or Plan 3. Classified and civil service positions eligible to participate.
- Teacher's Retirement System (TRS) - Plan 3. Available for those who have been enrolled and vested in the past
- State Board Retirement Plan administered through TIAA-CREF - full time faculty and administrative/exempt positions eligible to participate.
The Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) manages health, dental, life, and long term disability insurance. A local Seattle-based organization called Wellspring runs the Employee Assistance Program for Cascadia.
Part-Time Faculty Positions
A part time faculty member becomes eligible for benefits at the beginning of the second consecutive quarter of half time or more employment at one or more Washington state institutions of higher education. Spring and fall quarters are considered consecutive quarters for benefits eligibility. Half time is determined based on each institution's definition of full time.
A part time faculty member must qualify each quarter they teach to maintain eligibility. Once eligible, part time faculty will be notified of their benefit and retirement options.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Cascadia College is committed to creating and supporting a diverse faculty, staff, and student population. Individual differences are celebrated in a community of learners focused on diversity, equity and inclusion.
Applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to disabilities, race, color, religion/creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, age, genetic information, marital or honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability. Cascadia College is prohibited from discrimination by college policy, state and federal law.
Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process may make a request to the Human Resources Office by calling 425.352.8880.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
- Cascadia College switched applicant tracking systems effective July 1, 2020. Any application materials previous to that date were not converted over into the new system. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. All interested applicants must create a new account and submit new materials when applying for current or future job openings.
- iPhone or iPad users must have iOS version 15.0 or higher to view the jobs page.
Find student employment information at Career Exploration