Click to open these sections on sustainability, conservation, and environmental resources!!
Local and Washington State Reports
- 2017 State of the Sound Report
- State of Knowledge: Climate Change in Puget Sound
- 2017 Addendum to Ocean Acidification: From Knowledge to Action - WA State's Strategic Response
- Decarbonization Pathways Analysis for Washington State
- Final Draft of the Climate Science Special Report - August 2017
- Renewable Cities - Final Report - Global Learning Forum 2017
- Pacific Northwest Pathways to 2050
- King County Local Food Initiative 2016 Annual Report
- Sustainability Plan Progress Report - King County Metro - September 2015
- Model Toxic Control Act Equity Report - January 2017
- PNW Changemakers
- King County Residential Waste Curbside Characterization 2018
- Lay of the Land Report LID and Green Stormwater Infrastructure King County
National and Global Reports
- Renewables 2016 Global Status Report
- Partners for Climate Protection National Measures Report 2018
- Dialogue Report: 100% Renewable Energy in Cities
- Kassel International Dialogue on 100% Renewable Energy Outcome Report
- The State of Sustainability in Higher Education
- The state of Sustainable Markets 2018
- The State of Sustainable Business 2018
Local and Regional Plans, Policies, Data & ToolsTop
- Climate Change resource - actions to take to reduce your climate impact!
City and Regional Plans
- Greenest City Action Plan - Vancouver BC
- Vision 2040
- Bothell Stormwater Management Plan
- 2015 King County Waste Characterization and Customer Survey Report
- North Creek TMDL Action Plan
- Energize Eastside Environmental Impact Statement
- Salmon Mapper - Pesticide Use Limitations in CA, OR and WA
- Lawns to Lettuce - watering, soil, compost, pest management and more!
- Seattle Equity Agenda
- King County Equity and Social Justice Strategic Plan
- All-In Cities Policy Toolkit - equity at the center of municipal policies
Curriculum, Books, Articles and GuidesTop
- Trajectories of the Earth System in the Anthropocene
- Climate Crisis 101 - Learn the basics of climate change science and how you can take action.
- 45 Sustainability Resources you need to know! - Purdue Global
- BIOACID - Biological Impacts of Ocean Acidification
- Soil Health and Climate Change
- Climate Change Impacts on Puget Sound Floodplains
- Nanoos Visualization System - ocean data and forecasts from the Pacific Northwest
- NOAA education center
- Marine Debris and Plastic Source Reduction Toolkit for Colleges and Universities
- In pursuit of zero waste. A strategy for greening your campus
- Better Business Better World
The Eco-Friendly Guide for Airbnb Hosts which covers, in great detail, practical tips and ideas for a more energy-efficient home.
- What Does it Mean to Lead a Sustainable Company? - Guide created by Grand Canyon University.
This guide defines what sustainable business is and how responsible practices and profits can go hand-in-hand. It also outlines the most important factors of sustainable companies, including people, the planet, and profits, and goes on to discuss the benefits of environmentally-friendly business models and what those might look like for different industries. Link
- 10 Ways to make your small business more Sustainable. Looka guide.
Sustainability: Triple Bottom Line
- Resilience Matters 2016 - Sustainable, Equitable Solutions
- Resilience Matters 2015 - Forging a Greener, Fairer Future for All
- Environmental and Economic Perspectives in the Analysis of Two Options for Hand Drying At an University Campus
- Complete Guide to Environmental Science education - Masters Programs guide
- Sustainable Development Primer for Higher Education
- Demonstrating Sustainable Development in Higher Education
- A Guide for Applied Sustainability Learning Projects
- What's the Big Idea?
- 5 Ways to go green for homeowners.
- How silver is used to purify water
- 10 tips for Eco-Friendly Gardening
- The Importance of Eco-Friendly Cars - shared by a student!
- Why Electric Vehicles are a Climate Solution