Procedure Number: CP
Board Policy: N/A
Approved by ETeam on: 1/15/2021
Applicable WAC/RCW: N/A
The purpose of Cascadia College’s official social media accounts is to provide employees, students, fans, followers, and friends information about our programs, department groups, and events.
Cascadia College is dedicated to providing a meaningful educational experience for all of our students and we value diversity and inclusion within our community. Views that are expressed in our official accounts do not necessarily represent the school’s views, but we recognize that a thriving academic community is not possible without our employees, students, fans, followers, and friends sharing their thoughts freely with one another on our official social media accounts. To ensure the interactions on our official social media accounts further meaningful dialogue, we reserve the right to monitor the conversations by removing comments and/or posts that:
- Are not responsive to the topic, including, but not limited to, spam and similar comments promoting a product, service, or entity unrelated to the discussion;
- Include content that constitutes discriminatory harassment on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability sexual identity, or sexual orientation;
- Include obscenity, sexual content, or links to sexual content;
- Involve illegal activity or the encouragement of illegal activity;
- Impersonate someone else;
- Include information that could compromise the safety of the college’s employees or students;
Posts, comments, replies, or any public commentary containing any of the above may be deleted. Violations may result in the restriction of your ability to interact with Cascadia College on social media, blogs, or other online forums.
We respect the privacy of your identity; however, persons making threats or using offensive language may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
All posted content and commentary are public records subject to public disclosure under the Public Records Act https://www.cascadia.edu/discover/governance/policies/publicrecords.aspx.