If you are a new student with no prior college experience, you must attend a CORE (Cascadia Orientation and Registration Experience) session before the beginning of the quarter. Classes fill quickly so sign up for a CORE session as soon as possible.
To attend CORE, you MUST:
- Have your SID (ctcLink ID)
- Be a student with no prior college experience
- Received English and Math placement by submitting English/Math Placement Information to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: If you are a new Running Start Student, please be sure to turn in your Running Start Contract and Running Start Enrollment Verification Form prior to scheduling a CORE appointment. These steps are available online at Running Start: How to Apply.
At a CORE (Cascadia Orientation and Registration Experience) session, you will:
- Receive an introduction to Cascadia's programs, services, and degree options
- Learn about resources available for students' academic and personal success
- Get help from an academic advisor in interpreting your placement test scores and choosing courses that promote your academic success
- Learn how to search, enroll, add/drop, waitlist and select classes for the upcoming quarter
- Enroll for classes for the upcoming quarter
To attend a CORE session you do need to sign up ahead of time.
- You must sign up to attend CORE.
- Please note that CORE locations and times vary for on-campus and online sessions.
- CORE is for new students only. For in-person sessions, we politely ask that family members and supporters explore campus while the student is in CORE and rejoin the student after the session is over.
- For online sessions, desktops or laptops are encouraged.
CORE sessions are generally offered at the following days, times, and modalities. Some exceptions may apply due to college closures and availability. Specific days and times are available in the CORE Sign Up Form:
- Tuesdays, 4:00pm - 5:30pm, in-person
- Wednesdays, 4:00pm - 5:30pm, online
Winter and Spring 2024 Quarter
Cascadia Orientation and Registration Experience
Please direct any questions regarding CORE to the Admissions office at email@example.com.
Winter and Spring 2024 CORE session sign ups are now available. Students will receive a confirmation email with the date, time, and location of their scheduled CORE session.
Additional CORE sessions for January through March will be added soon.
Sign up for a CORE session by filling out the: CORE Sign Up Form.
*NOTE: Online CORE sessions will be held live through Zoom, and participants will also be able to interact with the presenter via chat. Following the presentation, advisors will be available to assist with registration and class selection via chat. Participants will receive the Zoom link, password, and additional instructions by email on the day of the session.