If you are a new student with no prior college experience, you must attend a CORE (Cascadia Orientation and Registration Experience) session before the beginning of the quarter. Classes fill quickly so sign up for a CORE session as soon as possible.
To attend CORE, you MUST:
- Have your SID (ctcLink ID)
- Be a student with no prior college experience
- Satisfied at least English placement by submitting English/Math Placement Information to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: If you are a new Running Start Student, please be sure to turn in your Running Start Contract and Running Start Enrollment Verification Form prior to scheduling a CORE appointment. These steps are available online at Running Start: How to Apply.
At a CORE (Cascadia Orientation and Registration Experience) session, you will:
- Receive an introduction to Cascadia's programs, services, and degree options
- Learn about resources available for students' academic and personal success
- Get help from an academic advisor in interpreting your placement test scores and choosing courses that promote your academic success
- Learn how to search, enroll, add/drop, waitlist and select classes for the upcoming quarter
- Enroll for classes for the upcoming quarter
To attend a CORE session you do need to sign up ahead of time.
- You must sign up to attend CORE.
- Please note that CORE locations and times vary for on-campus and online sessions.
- CORE is for new students only. For in-person sessions, we politely ask that family members and supporters explore campus while the student is in CORE and rejoin the student after the session is over.
- For online sessions, desktops or laptops are encouraged.
Fall 2022 Quarter
Cascadia Orientation and Registration Experience
Please direct any questions regarding CORE to the Admissions office at email@example.com.
Fall 2022 CORE session sign ups are now closed.
Winter 2023 CORE session sign ups will be available by the end of October. The first session will be held on November 7th.
*NOTE: Online CORE sessions will be held live through Zoom, and participants will also be able to interact with the presenter via chat. Following the presentation, advisors will be available to assist with registration and class selection via chat. Participants will receive the Zoom link, password, and additional instructions by email on the day of the session.