Online Course Complaint Process


Cascadia College is a public post-secondary education institution, accredited by the \Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Cascadia is governed by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges. Also see Cascadia College governance for additional information.

Register a Complaint

In compliance with the Cascadia Academic Policies, course complaints and grade challenges follow the same procedure:

  • All complaints begin with the informal process of working with the instructor
  • If a resolution cannot be resolved with the informal process, the Formal Process of working with the Deans of Student Learning begins.

The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) has authority to investigate student complaints against specific schools. WSAC may not be able to investigate every student complaint. Visit for information regarding the WSAC complaint process.

The Student Complaint Information by State and Agency can be found at State Higher Education Officers Association State Authorization Surveys.


Cascadia’s accreditation agency, internal complaint procedures, and the agencies in each state responsible for complaints regarding out-of-state distance education programs compliance can be found in the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations.


Information regarding Cascadia’s internal grievance resolution process can be found in the Student Handbook.