Cascadia and UW Bothell have an alert system to communicate with staff and students. Cascadia staff and students need to register to receive alerts via the UW system. You will not be automatically registered. You must sign up.
Sign Up for Emergency Alerts
1. Get a UW NetID
If you already have one, proceed to step two. If you do not have a UW NetID you can create one. All Cascadia students and staff are eligible.
- Get UW NetID
- Click on “Don’t have a UWNetID yet/Get a personal NetID”
- Select “I don’t have a UW NetID/I’m not sure”
- Follow remaining directions
2: Log-in with UW netID
- Go to UW alert web page
- Click on the red “sign up” button
- Enter your UW NetID and password and you will be connected to the e2campus portal
3: Create your account
- Fill in name, phone number, select carrier, enter email if desired and agree to terms
- Select “Group: “UW Alert Bothell/Cascadia” (option 2)
- Click box to agree to terms
- Do not close screen yet - the system will send a validation code to your phone and/or validation request to your email
- Enter the phone validation code in box on screen and click “validate”
- If you provided an email address, open email and click “validate” button. The email will be sent from e2Campus and may be forwarded to your Clutter inbox.
To update phone or email information or to stop receiving alerts go to UW account management web page
In the event of an emergency or college closure, Cascadia will issue communications using the following platforms:
- UW alert system
- Cascadia Facebook
- Cascadia Instagram
- Cascadia Twitter
- Cascadia email
- Home page of Cascadia public website
- Major TV and Radio new stations
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of messages are considered emergency messages?
Emergencies are considered any event that poses a safety risk to the campus community. For example, the most common uses of the alert will be to communicate when the college is closed due to power outages or inclement weather. Other types of emergencies may include unexpected occurrences such as earthquakes or any unexpected event that poses danger or puts your safety at risk.
Will I get SPAM or advertisements?
No, never. We respect your privacy and you will never receive anything except for official UW Bothell/Cascadia emergency communications.
Is there a charge for the service?
Neither Cascadia nor UW Bothell will charge you. However, you are responsible for paying any messaging charges that might be associated with your wireless carrier plan.