High School Completion

Cascadia offers a high school completion program for adults (anyone 18 and over by the first day of the quarter) who want to complete requirements to earn a high school diploma.

If you are 18 years of age and have been a Washington state resident for at least one year, you pay full resident tuition. You must show your driver's license or Washington state ID as proof of residency. If you have not been a Washington state resident for at least one year, you pay full nonresident tuition.

If you are at least 19 by the first day of the quarter, you qualify for reduced tuition through a state waiver.

Please see the High School Completion Pathways to determine your option or pathway.

 About the Program

After you submit an application to the college, you meet with an advisor to plan what classes you will take to complete the requirements for a high school diploma. You will take Accuplacer  placement tests that determine which classes you take first.

Based on your assessment results, you may take college level classes that count toward both your high school diploma and a college degree.

You must earn a 2.0 or higher grade point average (GPA) in each course required for the diploma, in addition to completing a minimum of 5 credits at Cascadia.

Depending on the date you originally started high school, you may also be required to meet Washington state requirements.

Receiving Your Diploma

When you register for your last quarter of classes before you expect to graduate, complete a Graduation Application with an Academic Advisor during drop-in hours at  Kodiak Corner/Student Services Center. If you meet the graduation requirements, we will send you details on graduation. We encourage you to participate in the commencement ceremony held each spring.

Your diploma will be issued by Cascadia College.

How to Apply:  New Adult High School Completion Students

Review the Adult High School Completion Packet


There are three ways to get the packet:

  • Online
  • In person at the Kodiak Corner.
  • Call 425.352.8860 and ask to mail you a packet. 

Apply for Admissions to Cascadia


Apply by the application deadline noted in your packet and on the Academic Calendar.


Pay the Application Fee $30


The non-refundable application fee can be paid online at Cascadia's Application Fee Payment.


Once you have applied for admissions and paid the application, then your Student ID number will be emailed to you.



Take the Accuplacer Placement Test


The test is optional IF you submit placement results from another college OR transcripts showing successful completion of college-level English (completed at any time) or math (completed in the last 24 months).


Click here for information about Accuplacer Placement Test.



Send Your Transcripts to Cascadia


Send official copies of your transcripts sent to Cascadia from any high school(s) and/or college(s) you have attended. Cascadia must receive the transcripts at least 48 hours before your advising appointment (see next step). Failure to provide Cascadia with official transcripts in a timely manner may prevent you from starting classes until the following quarter.



Schedule Your Advising Appointment with the Adult High School Completion Advisor


Make an appointment with the High School Completion Advisor. Schedule the appointment before the adult high school completion registration deadline (see the Academic calendar).


The advisor will evaluate your transcripts and help you choose appropriate classes and register for them.


You must bring valid photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport) to your advising appointment as proof of your birth date and tuition waiver.



Pay Tuition and Fees


Pay tuition and fees by the Tuition Deadline. Failure to pay tuition by the deadline may result in your withdrawal from all classes.


See How to Pay.



Purchase Your Parking Permit or Bus Pass


To purchase a 2-day, 3-day, or Quarterly Parking Pass - online purchase.


To purchase a bus pass, motorcycle parking permit, or carpool parking permit, select the appropriate form on the Forms for Kodiak Corner under Transportation and Parking.  Return completed form with photo ID and payment to the Kodiak Corner.


To purchase a carpool parking pass. Return completed form with photo ID and payment to the Kodiak Corner.



Get Your Student ID Card


To get your Student ID card, go to the OLC (Open Learning Center) or the Kodiak Corner with your valid photo ID and a printout of your student schedule to show that you have paid tuition.



Set Up Your Computer and Email Account Information


Go to the Open Learning Center. You must go in person; you cannot complete this step online or by phone. Bring a valid photo ID and a printout of your student schedule to show that you have paid tuition.



Buy Your Books


Two ways to buy books:



Go to Classes