High School Completion
Cascadia offers a high school completion program for adults (anyone 18 and over by the first day of the quarter) who want to complete requirements to earn a high school diploma.
If you are 18 years of age and have been a Washington state resident for at least one year, you pay full resident tuition. You must show your driver's license or Washington state ID as proof of residency. If you have not been a Washington state resident for at least one year, you pay full nonresident tuition.
If you are at least 19 by the first day of the quarter, you qualify for reduced tuition through a state waiver.
Please see the High School Completion Pathways to determine your option or pathway.
About the Program
After you submit an application to the college, you meet with an advisor to plan what classes you will take to complete the requirements for a high school diploma. You will take Accuplacer placement tests that determine which classes you take first.
- Based on your assessment results, you may take college level classes that count toward both your high school diploma and a college degree.
- You must earn a 2.0 or higher grade point average (GPA) in each course required for the diploma, in addition to completing a minimum of 5 credits at Cascadia.
- Depending on the date you originally started high school, you may also be required
to meet Washington state requirements.
Receiving Your Diploma
When you register for your last quarter of classes before you expect to graduate, complete a Graduation Application with an Academic Advisor during drop-in hours at Kodiak Corner/Student Services Center. If you meet the graduation requirements, we will send you details on graduation. We encourage you to participate in the commencement ceremony held each spring.
Your diploma will be issued by Cascadia College.
Review the Adult High School Completion Packet
There are three ways to get the packet:
- In person at the Kodiak Corner.
- Call 425.352.8860 and ask to mail you a packet.
Apply for Admissions to Cascadia
Apply by the application deadline noted in your packet and on the Academic Calendar.
- Apply online at the Washington State Colleges Web Admissions Center.
Pay the Application Fee $30
The non-refundable application fee can be paid online at Cascadia's Application Fee Payment. Once you have applied for admissions and paid the application, then your Student
ID number will be emailed to you.
Take the Accuplacer Placement Test
The test is optional IF you submit placement results from another college OR transcripts
showing successful completion of college-level English (completed at any time) or
math (completed in the last 24 months).
Click here for information about Accuplacer Placement Test.
Send Your Transcripts to Cascadia
Send official copies of your transcripts sent to Cascadia from any high school(s) and/or college(s) you have attended. Cascadia must receive the transcripts at least 48 hours before your advising appointment (see next step). Failure to provide Cascadia with official transcripts in a timely manner may prevent
you from starting classes until the following quarter.
Schedule Your Advising Appointment with the Adult High School Completion Advisor
- Make an appointment with the High School Completion Advisor. Schedule the appointment before the adult high school completion registration deadline (see the Academic calendar).
- The advisor will evaluate your transcripts and help you choose appropriate classes and register for them.
- You must bring valid photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport) to your advising appointment
as proof of your birth date and tuition waiver.
Pay Tuition and Fees
Pay tuition and fees by the Tuition Deadline. Failure to pay tuition by the deadline may result in your withdrawal from all classes.
See How to Pay.
Purchase Your Parking Permit or Bus Pass
- To purchase a 2-day, 3-day, or Quarterly Parking Pass - online purchase.
- To purchase a bus pass, motorcycle parking permit, or carpool parking permit, select the appropriate form on the Forms for Kodiak Corner under Transportation and Parking. Return completed form with photo ID and payment to the Kodiak Corner.
- To purchase a carpool parking pass. Return completed form with photo ID and payment to the Kodiak Corner.
Get Your Student ID Card
To get your Student ID card, go to the Bock Learning Center (Bock Learning Center) or the Kodiak Corner with your valid photo ID and a printout of your student schedule to show that you have paid tuition.
Set Up Your Computer and Email Account Information
Go to the Open Learning Center. You must go in person; you cannot complete this step online or by phone. Bring a valid photo ID and a printout of your student schedule to show that you have paid tuition.
Buy Your Books
Two ways to buy books:
Go to Classes