Winter 2021Quarter Running Start Deadline
Email Running Start Contract and English 101 Placement
to the Running Start Office at email@example.com by 2pm on December 4th, 2020.
Spring 2021Quarter Running Start Deadline
Email Running Start Contract and English 101 Placement
to the Running Start Office at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2pm on February 26th, 2021.
Due to COVID-19, we are not accepting Spring 2020 grades to determine placement. We will accept 10th grade SBAC scores for English 101 Placement. Students who do not have 10th grade SBAC scores or who want to take a course with a math prerequisite must take the Accuplacer Placement.
The Running Start information session is available online.
Due to COVID-19, we are working remotely. Please allow extra time for processing paperwork.
If you have questions, please email the Running Start Office at email@example.com
NOTICE: Please do not fax your forms to us. We are not on campus and working remotely. Please email your form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earn college credit from your high school classes
If you're an eligible high school junior or senior, apply for Cascadia's Running Start
Program to earn college credit tuition free while you fulfill Washington State high
school graduation requirements. Running Start lets you complete up to 2 years of college
while you're still in high school.
Save time and money
You can take up to 15 credits per quarter tuition free depending on your enrollment level at high school. You pay for books, supplies, transportation, mandatory college fees and tuition for below 100 level courses and Pre-Fall classes.
Prepare for the future
As a student at Cascadia, you'll experience college life firsthand and become better
prepared for the transition to a university.
Gain marketable skills
Through the Running Start Program at Cascadia, you can earn credits toward a wide
range of technical and associate degree programs that prepare you for the career of
Attend Cascadia College
Cascadia's classes average 24 to 33 students, allowing for plenty of interaction with professors and other students as you work in small groups on collaborative projects.
How to Apply
Optional: Attend a Running Start Information Session*
- The Information Session is now available online.
- All in-person Information Sessions are cancelled due to COVID-19.
*You do not need to attend a Running Start Information Session to apply to Running
Start. Please follow the steps below or contact email@example.com with any questions.
1. Apply for admission to Cascadia
- Apply online for general admissions OR in person at Kodiak Corner. When you apply, please give an email that you, the student, will regularly check. Most of our communication is through email. Be sure to check your spam/junk email folder.
- You must complete the application by the quarterly deadline (please see Step 3: Submit your Running Start Contract).
2. Place into college-level English (English 101)
You must place into English 101. You can qualify by taking the ACCUPLACER at Cascadia. To take the Accuplacer at Cascadia, visit the Accuplacer page for the current schedule.
- You must submit English placement by the quarterly deadline (please see Step 3: Submit your Running Start Contract).
- Please note: If you plan to take a math course, you will need Math placement by Accuplacer. Due to COVID-19, we are not accepting June 2020 high school transcripts for Math placement.
- Please submit test results as an email attachment (use the paperclip icon) and use
a descriptive filename with your name and SID (e.g.: Wilson Russell 960081111 test
3. Submit your Running Start Contract
All paperwork must be completed by the quarterly deadline to the Running Start Office.
The Winter 2021 Quarter deadline is by 2pm on December 4th, 2020.
The Spring 2021 Quarter deadline is by 2pm on February 26th, 2021.
The Running Start Contract is a fillable PDF. It must be:
- Digitally signed by the student and a parent/guardian
- After filling it out, save it with a descriptive filename with your name and SID (e.g.: Wilson Russell 960081111 RS Contract.PDF)
- Submitted via an email attachment (use the paperclip icon) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Running Start Enrollment Verification Form may also be submitted with the Contract (step 5).
4. Wait and check your email
Please check your spam and trash folders for missed emails. You will receive three
- The first email is automatically generated as soon as your general admissions application for Cascadia
- The second email is sent from Cascadia Admissions to all students who are under the age of 18. These
first two emails do not require any action.
- The third email will be from the Running Start Office, explaining the next steps including turning
in the Enrollment Verification Form, signing up for CORE, and registering for courses. This email will be sent once all application materials have been submitted and processed.
5. Running Start Enrollment Verification Form (RSEVF)
- The RSEVF is a fillable PDF and must be digitally signed by the student, the student’s parent/guardian, and the student’s high school counselor.
- The RSEVF must be submitted as an email attachment (use the paperclip icon) to email@example.com before you can register for courses every quarter.
- Use a descriptive filename with your name and SID (e.g.: Wilson Russell 960081111 EVF.PDF).
- Without the RSEVF, you cannot register for courses.
- Note: If you move to a new high school or your credit allotment changes, you will
need to submit a revised RSEVF.
- A fee waiver is available to students who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch at their sponsoring high school, students who have been in Foster Care, and/or students receiving assistance from select state and federal programs. The current Enrollment Verification Form now includes the eligibility section for free/reduced lunch students.
- The Release of Information Form is an optional form and is available online. Important Note: Due to COVID-19 and our remote work environment, this form must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enrollment Services will schedule a Zoom meeting with the student for verification of identity and validation of the form. The student will need to appear on camera with a photo ID at the scheduled Zoom meeting.
- You must be a high school junior or senior.
- You must be enrolled in a public high school or with a public school district.
- You can participate in Running Start for up to 6 quarters from the fall of your junior
year to the spring of your senior year.
- If you do not participate in Running Start, you cannot "save up" quarters to use later;
after your senior year, you are no longer eligible.
As a college student, you are fully responsible for your education and academic success.
- You must place into college-level English (English 101) by taking either the Accuplacer or Smarter
- You must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or above. Running Start students are held accountable
to the same academic standards as other college students.
- Do your best: The grades you earn at Cascadia will go on both your high school and
- How is High School different from college? Prepare yourself by understanding the differences.
Check out the following resource from Auburn University, High School to College Comparison.
Running Start will pay for some or all of the tuition while attending Cascadia College. The amount of tuition covered by Running Start is directly relative to how many classes the student is enrolled in at high school or school district.
- All fees are subject to change.
- Please see the Running Start Program Tuition and Fees for more details.
- Students who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch at their sponsoring high school and/or students who have been in Foster Care, qualify for a Running Start Fee Waiver. The Enrollment Verification Form has information to apply for the fee waiver.
On Week 6 of the current quarter, see your High School Counselor for the Running Start Enrollment Verification Form (RSEVF)
BEGINNING AT 4:30PM ON APRIL 30TH, STUDENTS WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT SYSTEMS. Coming May 12, a new Student Online System for supporting you from registration through graduation. Learn more at www.cascadia.edu/ctcLink.
- Find your Registration Time.
- Complete the Running Start Enrollment Verification Form - you will need your high school counselor's signature as well as your parent/guardian's
signature. Email the completed EVF as an attachment (use the paperclip icon) to email@example.com
Turn in the Completed Running Start Enrollment Verification Form to the Running Start
- EVERY QUARTER a completed and signed Running Start Enrollment Verification Form must be emailed as an attachment (use the paperclip icon) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NOTE: You will not be able to register until you turn in the completed form.
- Due to COVID-19, please allow extra time for the Running Start Office to process your RSEVF.
Register for Classes
- Pay your student costs online or at Kodiak Corner.
- Purchase your parking permit online or bus pass at Kodiak Corner.
- Find your textbooks from the searchable class schedule and purchase online at the University Bookstore website or on campus at the University Bookstore.
- The Running Start Office is located in Kodiak Corner, CC1 First Floor. Our business hours follow Kodiak Corner hours.
- Due to COVID-19 please allow extra time for us to process your paperwork.
Email us: email@example.com
Please provide your Cascadia College Student Identification Number (SID) if applicable. Please note that multiple emails will not yield a faster response.
Call us: 425.352.8146
Due to COVID-19 we are working remotely so we cannot return voicemail messages. Please email us instead.