Steps to Getting Started at Cascadia
Adult members of the community 18 years or older*, or those with a high school diploma, GED, or high school equivalency certificate are eligible to enroll in courses at Cascadia Community College.
*Students under 18 years of age may qualify for an exception under Cascadia's Running Start or Underage Student admission process.
The application fee is $30.00*. You may pay this online or in-person.
*The $30 application fee is a non-refundable fee.
Application process is different for...
There are a number of ways to meet course prerequisites depending on whether you are a new first time college student or a transfer student with one or more quarters of college experience.
- Take the COMPASS placement test. This English and math assessment test is available on a walk-in basis on the first floor CC1 in Kodiak Corner.
- Submit advanced placement test scores and ask an advisor if your scores can be approved for prerequisite credits
Submit your high school transcript to see if you can receive a prerequisite override for qualifying chemistry and Math classes. (Math is only for Northshore School District)
Transfer students can meet course prerequisites by:
- Scheduling an appointment with an advisor by calling the Kodiak Corner at (425) 352-8860.
- Submitting unofficial transcripts for evaluation of transferable credits and to satisfy English and Math prerequisites 48 hours prior to your appointment. Unofficial transcripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted to the Kodiak Corner. (You may need to take the COMPASS placement test if your math coursework is over 24 months old and/or your coursework does not satisfy the English prerequisites.)
IMPORTANT: In order for previous college courses to apply towards a Cascadia degree or certificate you must submit official transcripts to and a completed Transcript Evaluation Request form to Kodiak Corner for official evaluation.
Five Ways to PayThe quarterly tuition deadline is posted in the Academic Calendar. Tuition must be paid in full by the tuition deadline to avoid being dropped from classes.
- Pay Online by 9:30pm at Washington State Colleges Payment Page with VISA or MasterCard. Your Student ID Number and Student Pin will be required.
- In-Person by 5:30pm at the Kodiak Corner with cash, check, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and Union Pay Credit Card. Bring your Student ID Number. If you are paying with a credit card, the credit cardholder must be present, or the student must have a signed note from the card holder authorizing payment of tuition, parking pass, etc. The card holder's signature and the amount of the payment must also be included on the note.
- Phone Payments by 5:30pm at (425) 352-8860 with VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and Union Pay Credit Card and have your Student ID Number.
- In the Payment Drop Box located outside the Kodiak Corner / Student Services Center by check or cash and include your Student ID Number. Payments must be received by the times below and will be reflected in your account within that day. The pick up for the drop box is Monday through Friday at 8:00am. On the tuition deadline day, there will be an additional pick up at 4:00pm.
- By Mail to Cascadia Community College, Business Office, 18345 Campus Way NE, Bothell, WA 98011 and include your Student ID Number. It must be received on the Tuition Deadline Date, not postmarked.
Attend Spring Jumpstart Orientation
Click here to RSVP
We are excited for you to join us for Spring Quarter 2014. In order to help you prepare for your first quarter, you are invited to our mandatory Jumpstart Orientation on Tuesday March 25th, 9:30am-1pm in the Global Learning and The Arts building (Bldg.CC3). Check in at Mobius Hall.
This orientation is a great way to meet other students, familiarize yourself with the campus and important resources, and to learn more about other opportunities that Cascadia has to offer. During orientation you will be able to purchase your parking or bus pass and get your Student ID card. You also have the opportunity to win great prizes, a free Cascadia t-shirt, and you get free lunch!
Purchase your books:
- Campus Bookstore
- Online sites selling textbooks: use the textbook's ISBN number found in the quarterly class schedule to purchase your books