Apply for Graduation
To receive your degree or certificate, you are required to satisfy all specific program requirements as stated in the catalog of the academic year that you began your degree program.
Graduation applicants must:
- Achieve a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) for courses taken at Cascadia. The 2.0 cumulative GPA is required for transfer courses used to satisfy degree requirements. Transfer courses are not averaged with Cascadia's GPA. At least 25 credits must be taken at Cascadia that apply to the degree or certificate.
- Earn at least 60 degree credits with decimal grades.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the college.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor during drop-in hours to complete the Graduation Application and ensure all requirements will have been met after the applicant's final quarter.
In order to help ensure you are ready to graduate on time, we ask that you meet with an Academic Advisor during drop-in hours to review and complete your Graduation Application the quarter before you plan to graduate. The suggested dates to submit your application by are listed below.
- Fall quarter completion: July 16, 2018
- Winter quarter completion: October 17, 2018
- Spring quarter completion: January 25, 2019
- Summer quarter completion: April 19, 2019
To ensure your name is in the commencement program, meet with an advisor and submit your graduation application by May 6, 2019.
Students who have completed their degrees or certificates during the previous fall and winter quarters and those anticipating completion during spring and summer quarters are invited to participate in the annual commencement ceremony held in June following the last day of spring quarter. The 2018 Commencement Ceremony will be held on Friday, June 14, 2019.
Additional information about the 2019 Graduation Ceremony will be available in May of 2019.