Host your meeting or event at the new ARC!
Events in the ARC
The Activities & Recreation Center is proud to support the programs and events of the student clubs and organizations at Cascadia College and the University of Washington Bothell.
The ARC Overlook, located on the second floor, is a multifunctional event space, able to accommodate up to:
- 900 max occupancy (without furniture)
- 425 chairs in stadium-style seating
- 30 banquet tables (60" rounds, up to 8 chairs at each)
- 60 rectangular tables (30" x 6')
- A movable partition wall that can divide event venue in half
- A wide-range of soft-seating options
- 2 student alcoves, with built-in benching as well as soft-seating, open to the event space
- Built in sound, projectors on the south and east walls, and video screen
Event Registration Policies
The Student Facilities Advisory Group (comprised of student leaders and administration from Cascadia College and UW Bothell), in conjunction with the Director of the Activities & Recreation Center, developed Event Reservation Policies that would maximize the number of student-organized and student-focused events within the building. The following priority list applies to event reservations:
- First priority for reserving event space in the ARC shall be given to the organizations that have been allocated student fee programming dollars.
- Second priority for reserving event space in the ARC shall be given to Cascadia and UW Bothell affiliated groups. Reservation fees and restrictions apply. Please see Event Reservation Fees below.
- Last priority for reserving event space in the ARC shall be given to external clients when both Cascadia and UW Bothell are not in academic session or on the weekends. Please see Event Reservation Fees below.
Questions regarding the ARC Event Reservation Policies can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 425.352.3878.
Event Reservation Fees
Organizations that have been allocated student fee programming dollars*:
|Events occurring during ARC Operating Hours||$0|
|Events occurring outside of ARC Operating Hours||$40/hour|
Cascadia College and UW Bothell affiliated groups*:
|Monday-Friday before 5pm||$87.50||3 hours||$700/day|
|Monday-Friday after 5pm||$137.50/hour||
|Saturday-Sunday before 5pm||$137.50/hour||6 hours||$1100/day|
|Saturday-Sunday after 5pm||$175/hour||6 hours||$1100/day|
Cancellations for Cascadia College and UW Bothell affiliated groups
Event planners may cancel their reservation by providing ARC staff a written notice of termination.
- If notice is received more than 60 calendar days prior to event, no reservation fee will be charged.
- If notice is received 14-59 calendar days prior to event, a $100 administrative fee will be charged.
- If notice is received less than 14 calendar days prior to event, the full reservation feel will be charged.
Rain Back Up for Cascadia College and UW Bothell affiliated groups
The ARC event space may be reserved as a rain backup location with the following considerations:
- Event planners must provide the "go/no go" rain call 3 business days prior to event.
- A $100 administrative fee will be charged if event space is not used; the full reservation fee will be charged if the event is hosted in the ARC.
|Monday-Friday before 5pm||$175/hour||3 hours||$1400/day|
|Monday-Friday after 5pm||$275/hour||3 hours||$1400/day|
|Saturday-Sunday before 5pm||$275/hour||6 hours||$2200/day|
|Saturday-Sunday after 5pm||$350/hour||6 hours||$2200/day|
*Event rates include on standard setup (ie a set up utilizing furniture currently in ARC inventory) and standard A/V setup (ie a setup utilizing equipment currently in ARC inventory, run by ARC A/V Tech Crew). Event rate does not include parking, furniture/equipment not in ARC inventory, or fees for excessive cleaning or damage to the facility. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Additional Building Policies
Additional building policies, including those covering event decorations, candles, and accessibility accommodations, can be found on our Building Policies & Procedures webpage.
How to Request Event Space in the ARC
Event space may be requested through the Facilities tab of the myARC portal at myarc.uwb.edu.
The ARC staff reviews requests, taking into consideration the ARC's Event Reservation Policies. Once reservation requests are confirmed, ARC staff will contact event coordinators to finalize event logistics (furniture needs, A/V needs, etc.).
Questions regarding events in the ARC can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As events in the ARC are confirmed, they are added to the ARC Calendar in the myARC portal.
How to Request Meeting Room Space in the ARC
Meeting space may be requested through the Facilities tab of the myARC portal at myarc.uwb.edu.
Please note that meeting rooms in the ARC are designated for student clubs and organizations use. Questions regarding meeting room space in the ARC can be directed to email@example.com.
ARC Meeting Rooms
ARC-110 and ARC-210
- Seats 12
- Monitor for presentations/PowerPoint
- Primary use is for student clubs and organizations
ARC-121 The Board Room
- Seats 24 around the table, additional perimeter seating available by request
- Projector for presentations/PowerPoint
- Assisted listening devices available
- Voice recording capacity available
- Primary use is for student clubs and organizations
- Seats 4
- Internal use only