The Center for Culture, Inclusion, and Community
"The Center" welcomes each and everyone of you.
At "The Center" you can:
- Utilize computers for homework
- Use the comfy couches to relax
- Discuss any issues regarding social justice or diversity
- Access campus and community resources
- Come join us and make new friends!
For more information about programs and services, or learn how you can be involved,
contact Larissa Tikhonova at firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 352-8143.
The Center Hours
Monday - Thursday
Friday - Sunday
9:00am - 6:00pm
Program Specialist 2
We offer a variety of services including:
- Referral resources on and off campus
- Community collaboration and partnerships
- Quarterly orientation for new, returning, and former students
- Informal discussions
- ESL Conversation Partner Program
- Coordination of "Students of Color Conference" attendees
- Educational and social events and programs
23rd Annual Students of Color Conference
This year's conference, "Awakening Your Inner Scholar: Legacy, Resilience, Action!", will be held in Yakima, WA from Thursday, April 11 through Saturday, April 13. The Students of Color Conference brings together over 750 students from community colleges across the state to discuss topics that include ethnic and racial identity development, academic success, skills for promoting social justice, and intercultural communications.
Applications are due at The Center (CC1-002) no later than 6pm on Thursday, January 31, 2013. All registration costs, accommodations, and transportation will be covered by The Center for those selected to attend.