Hanging Out at "The Center"
The Center for Culture, Inclusion, and Community
"The Center" welcomes each and everyone of you.
At "The Center" you can:
- Utilize computers for homework
- Use the comfy couches to relax
- Discuss any issues regarding social justice or diversity
- Access campus and community resources
- Come join us and make new friends!
For more information about programs and services, or learn how you can be involved,
contact Larissa Tikhonova at email@example.com or (425) 352-8143.
We offer a variety of services including:
- Referral resources on and off campus
- Community collaboration and partnerships
- Quarterly orientation for new, returning, and former students
- Informal discussions
- ESL Conversation Partner Program
- Coordination of "Students of Color Conference" attendees
- Educational and social events and programs
LGBTQ College Resources
Attending college can be difficult, but lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning students may have an even harder time than others. The following guide was created to help LGBTQ students understand how many campuses are helping to make the college experience more welcoming and supportive. Use this guide for various on-campus and online resources.
Annual Students of Color Conference
The Center for Culture, Inclusion, and Community “The Center” is pleased to announce that applications for the Annual Students of Color Conference are now available.
The 29th Annual Students of Color Conference, We are Empowered by our Past, Forging our Future!, will be held in Yakima Convention Center, WA, on Thursday, April 18th to Saturday, April 20th 2019. The Students of Color Conference brings together over 900 students from 34 community and technical colleges across the state to discuss topics that include ethnic and racial identity development, academic success, skills for promoting social justice, and intercultural communications. All registration costs, accommodations and transportation will be covered by “The Center” for those selected to attend.
Students must be enrolled at Cascadia for Winter and Spring 2019 with at least 5 credits per quarter and have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 to be eligible to participate at the conference.
- Application deadline is on February 7th, 2019 by 6pm.
- For more information visit our Facebook https://www.facebook.com/thecenter.cascadia/
- To learn about the Students of Color Conference, please visit Students of Color Conference page created by Cascadia students.
Please stop by at “The Center” if you are interested to participate at the conference.