Employment at Cascadia
We are seeking highly motivated individuals who are interested in being part of a small, friendly community, with a faculty and staff that are dedicated to meeting the needs of our students. We are the newest college in Washington state's community and technical college system, and take great pride in our learning environment, as well as our focus on environmental stewardship and global awareness.
Cascadia College has earned a national reputation for excellence, with an integrated learning model and more than 70%
of its students moving on to four-year programs. Our co-location with the University of Washington Bothell gives us access to the best community college library in the state.
Cascadia offers a variety of employment opportunities with comprehensive benefits packages, including tuition waivers and professional development.
If you you need any NEOGOV support, please check the Application Guide or call 1.855.524.5627.
Thank you for your interest in Cascadia!
How To Apply
If you would like to see our current job openings, please click Employment at Cascadia College.
If you are an existing user of NEOGOV, please Sign In to start your application process with Cascadia.
If you are new to NEOGOV's online application system, please review the Application Guideand create an account to Sign In.
Please note: If you have not heard back from us within 30 days after the close date, we encourage you to visit our website for more employment opportunities.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employment
Cascadia College is committed to creating and supporting a diverse faculty, staff, and student population. Individual differences are celebrated in a pluralistic community of learners. Applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to disabilities, race, color, religion, sex and/or gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition.
Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process may make a request to the Human Resources Executive Director by calling 425.352.8880.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
If you visit the employment pages of our website and apply for new job openings at Cascadia, your email will be used for that purpose only. Your email address will not be distributed to any third party.
ASSOCIATE FACULTY (Various) - Part Time
Status: Accepting Applications Ongoing
Cascadia is accepting applications for all Associate Faculty positions for future quarters. We are seeking applicants with expertise and/or interest in a learning outcomes-based interdisciplinary curriculum, alternative pedagogies, learning technologies, and collaborative work.
Cascadia College is accepting applications for 2016 in the following disciplines:
- AF - Math
- AF - BIT/Networking
To learn more about the qualifications for teaching the disciplines we offer, see Associate Faculty Discipline Listings.
For information about curriculum, responsibilities, important attributes, compensation and workload, conditions of employment, and union representations see About Associate Faculty.
Follow these steps to apply for Associate/Part-Time Faculty positions:
If you intend to apply for several disciplines/positions, please send a separate email with separate application materials per discipline/position you wish to apply for at Cascadia. Each e-mail should be attached to only one job or one discipline due to our internal applicant processing system. Thank you.
All Associate Faculty applicants are required to submit a complete application packet listed below:
- Cascadia College Application Form (click here)
- Cover Letter (not to exceed 2 pages) that specifically explains your ability to meet the qualifications
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- List of 3 professional references
- Copies of transcripts documenting all undergraduate/graduate degrees and all relevant courses completed (official transcripts required at time of hire)
Please Note: For consideration in future quarters, application materials should be submitted as soon as possible. We only accept complete application packets and will keep them in our Recruitment Pool for a year.
- Please be aware that electronic application submissions are required. Faxed, mailed and delivered applications will NOT be accepted.
- Send completed application materials to email@example.com.
- Note that only complete applications will be reviewed.
If you are having difficulties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425.352.8880.
Application materials become the property of Cascadia College.
Cascadia offers a comprehensive benefits package to our full-time and part-time permanent employees and other benefits-eligible positions.
Administrative Exempt, Classified, and Full-Time Faculty Positions
Comprehensive benefits packages include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional Flexible Medical Spending Account (FSA)
- Optional Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP)
- Optional SRA Tax Annuities
- Optional Deferred Compensation Plan
- Optional Home/Auto Insurance with Liberty Mutual
- Optional Credit Union participation
- Optional GET (Guaranteed Education Tuition) Program
- Optional Long Term Care Insurance
- Tuition Waiver
Employee premiums for health insurance range depending on the plan and dependents covered.
- Two options for standard managed-care plans
- One value managed-care plan
- Two preferred provider options
- One managed-care dental plan
- One preferred provider dental plan
- $25,000 basic coverage and $5,000 accidental death and dismemberment coverage at no cost to the employee
- Optional coverage for spouse, children, supplemental, optional, and additional accidental death and dismemberment coverage - all at additional cost to the employee
- Basic Coverage: 90 day waiting period, $240 per month maximum
- Optional Coverage: 30-60 day waiting period, 60% of gross pay - tax free (retirement plan still continues)
- Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) - Plan 2 or Plan 3. Classified and civil service positions eligible to participate.
- Teacher's Retirement System (TRS) - Plan 2 or Plan 3. Available for those who have been enrolled and vested in the past
- State Board Retirement Planadministered through TIAA-CREF - full time faculty and administrative/exempt positions eligible to participate
Part-Time Faculty Positions
A part time faculty member becomes eligible for benefits at the beginning of the second consecutive quarter of half time or more employment at one or more Washington state institutions of higher education. Spring and fall quarters are considered consecutive quarters for benefits eligibility. Half time is determined based on each institution's definition of full time.
A part time faculty member must qualify each quarter they teach to maintain eligibility. Once eligible, part time faculty will be notified of their benefit and retirement options.