Get an early start on college!
High School Completion for International Students
Cascadia’s high school completion program is a great opportunity for students to earn their high school diploma while completing the requirements of their associate degree at the same time! Students in this program complete college-level coursework which is credited for both high school and college.
International students usually require two years (or six academic quarters) of full-time college-level courses to fulfill the requirements for both the high school diploma and associate degree.
Students interested in this program should submit official transcripts for all of their high school coursework to the International Programs Office for evaluation once they arrive at Cascadia. (For transcripts to be considered official, they must be original documents in an unopened envelope.) Our advisors will then put together an academic plan which satisfies the requirements for both a high school diploma and associate degree.
Requirements for completing the Washington High School Diploma
- Students will develop an educational plan with an international student advisor when they arrive at Cascadia
- Students will complete required classes for a high school diploma and an associate's degree at the same time – with guidance from advisors
- Students will complete a final project by enrolling in an educational planning class at Cascadia
- Students will complete ACT or SAT testing and earn minimum score requirements (as
set by Washington State – Office Superintendent of Public Instruction)
Requirements to be admitted to the International High School
- Be 16 years old or older upon the start of studies
- Be an international student (entering the US on a student visa)
- Have completed at least 10th grade (or equivalent in home country)
- Have a 3.0 cumulative GPA (or equivalent in home country)
- Not have already received a high school diploma or equivalent in their home country or in the US
Please contact us if you have any questions. We welcome inquiries in person, via email, mail, phone, and fax.
International Programs, Cascadia College
18345 Campus Way NE,Bothell, WA 98011
Phone: (425) 352-8415 / Fax: (425) 352-8304