Student Health Insurance
Healthcare in the U.S. is very expensive, so all Cascadia international students are required to have health insurance while a student. Cascadia international students are automatically enrolled in health insurance as part of their tuition – the insurance fee of $300 - $400 is added to your tuition bill each quarter.
- Partial or complete payment for doctor or hospital visits and medical treatment
- 24/7 nurse helpline to call with medical questions
- Database of local doctors and medical facilities
- Free, confidential counseling services
- Annual scholarship contest
- Assistance for students and their families in case of a medical emergency while students are in the U.S.
- Optional plans for dental, vision, or dependents for purchase
Mental Health & Wellness
International students face many different challenges and pressures while studying in the U.S., including cultural adjustment, making new friends, learning a new language, succeeding in school, and living independently. Cascadia international students have access to several free resources for help with stress, homesickness, family conflict, depression, anxiety about academic achievement, relationship problems, or substance abuse.
- Counseling Center: Cascadia students have access to up to 6 free counseling sessions per academic year at the UWB Counseling Center. Students may also participate in Counseling Center groups. Visit the Counseling Center website for more information: http://www.cascadia.edu/advising/counseling.aspx.
- SMy SSP – International Student Support Program: My SSP is a service through the LewerMark student insurance. My SSP advisors understand the challenges international students face while studying in the U.S. and they speak your language and understand your culture. Currently enrolled Cascadia international students can contact My SSP any time, day or night, via phone, chat, video, mobile app, or the web. All My SSP services are free to use for Cascadia students and fully confidential. Download the free My SSP App from the App Store or Google Play, or visit International Student Support Program for more information.