A UW NetID (University of Washington Network Identification) is an account that you create to gain online access to certain University of Washington services, including:
- Off-campus access to library resources designated "UW restricted"
- The University of Washington Bothell wireless network, which is available on all floors of the library buildings (LB1, LB2, and LBA) and University of Washington Bothell buildings (UW1 and UW2)
Get a Cascadia Network Account
You must have a Cascadia Network Account to get a UW NetID. If you do not have a Cascadia Network Account yet, use the Student Account Management Tool to create one. You will need your Student ID and PIN to complete this process. Cascadia faculty and staff receive a Cascadia Network Account when they begin employment.
Choosing your NetID
When you are creating your account, the system will suggest NetIDs that haven't already been taken. Over 60,000 UW NetIDs are already in use. Once you choose a NetID user name, you cannot change it. If you transfer to the University of Washington, your NetID will become your email address.
Create a UW NetID account
Go to Get Your UW NetID, then:
- Select “I don't have a UW NetID” and click “Next”
- Select “Cascadia Student” or “Cascadia Employee” and click “Next”
- Enter your Cascadia network user name and password, then click "Login"
- Follow the onscreen instructions to create a UW NetID and password
|Change your UW NetID password if you know what your current password is||
Go to IT Connect
|Reset your UW NetID password if you've forgotten it||
Go to Reset a Forgotten Password and enter your UW NetID. Follow the prompts to complete the process.
|Look up your UW NetID if you've forgotten it||
Go to Look Up Your UW NetID
|Get help with problems||
Go to IT Connect