Current Students | Cascadia College

Current Students

Our International Programs office is open to current students! If you need assistance with anything, please drop by and let us know.




Current Students

International Student Health 

Medical Insurance

Healthcare in the U.S. is very expensive, so all Cascadia international students are required to have health insurance while a student. Cascadia international students are automatically enrolled in health insurance as part of their tuition – the insurance fee of $400 is added to your tuition bill each quarter. 

Cascadia works with the student health insurance company called LewerMark to provide students with medical insurance. LewerMark insurance provides lots of services, including:

  • Partial or complete payment for doctor or hospital visits and medical treatment
  • 24/7 nurse helpline to call with medical questions
  • Database of local doctors and medical facilities
  • Free, confidential counseling services
  • Annual scholarship contest
  • Assistance for students and their families in case of a medical emergency while students are in the U.S.
  • Optional plans for dental, vision, or dependents for purchase

Mental Health & Wellness

International students face many different challenges and pressures while studying in the U.S., including cultural adjustment, making new friends, learning a new language, succeeding in school, and living independently. Cascadia international students have access to several free resources for help with stress, homesickness, family conflict, depression, anxiety about academic achievement, relationship problems, or substance abuse.

Resources Offered at Cascadia

  • CARE Team
  • Counseling Center
  • Kodiak Cave
  • Resource Center at the ARC

For more information about these resources go to Health & Wellness Support


The International Programs (IP) office is your resource for immigration-related inquiries, support letters of various kinds, I-20 maintenance, and more. As an F-1 student studying in the U.S., you are required to update your school within 10 days of any change to your contact information, address, academic major, financial sponsorship, graduation date, legal name change, or to add or remove a dependent on your immigration record.

Please use the forms below to make a request or update your information with the IP office. You may scan/save and email ( or fax in (425-352-8304) a form, or bring the hard copy to the IP office in building CC1, room 040. Please allow 2-3 business days for your requests to be processed.

Going Home Notice
To notify the IP office when you are planning to withdraw from school and depart the U.S., with or without plans to return at a later date.

Immigration Record Update Request Form
To request changes to student record or information, including personal information, change of academic program/major, extension of I-20 end date, request for reduced course load, or request for vacation quarter.

International Student Letter Request
To request support letters for enrollment verification, driver’s license or state ID, Social Security Number, or invitation for family members.

Medical Reduced Course Load Form
To be completed by you and your medical doctor to request reduced course load due to a serious illness or injury.

OPT Application Packet
To review before meeting with an International Student Advisor to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT).

Transfer Advising Worksheet
To be completed before meeting with an International Student Advisor to discuss transfer plans.

Transfer Out Request Form 
To initiate the transfer of your immigration record to another U.S. school.

Underage Form 
To be completed by the parents or guardians of an underage student before they participate in off-campus activities.